Just to update on my situation: had a lung scan - all normal. Unremarkable, as they put it. Doctor ordered a myriad of blood tests, very detailed, including comprehensive metabolic, and CBC with differential ( some of the details even I could not recognize) - all normal. Nothing below or above normal range. Covid 19 antibodies GG spike , moderately elevated, which means I probably had covid with some vague symptoms not too long ago ( my allergies were so severe this year that I might have had it without knowing). However, she said the antibodies were not high enough to explain change in taste / smell perception.

ENT did not think anything other than mild "silent reflux" is going on, and since he knows me, added that my anxiety and hyperfocusing is probably making me notice it so much (swallowing, post nasal drip, throat clearing). He said my tongue was little raw, but I have been scrubbing it for more than a month and he told me to stop adding it may temporarily numb the taste buds.

My doctor wants me immediately back on Lexapro, and , just for now, occasional Clonopin.

My mind feels better with such good results, but I am still unpleasantly nauseous, which feels little better when I eat ( although food still does not seem attractive). I did lose some weight, but I have been unbearably anxious for more than a month. What now?

Thank you for reading.