Re: Panicking - pancreatic cancer fear

And in one week you will be!

Quote Originally Posted by jojo2316 View Post
    And in one week you will be!
    ❤️❤️

SO FRUSTRATED. Need to vent.

As I had mentioned, my insurance company was dragging their heels approving my CT scan. The poor lady at my doctor's office had been fighting so hard for me. She was just out for a few days, and before she left gave me the case number and said it probably wouldn't hurt to call and harass them a little myself. So I called on Tuesday, gave them all my identifying info (name, DOB, insurance member ID # - there should've been no doubt who was calling) and when they asked, the case number the doctor's office gave me. The guy I spoke to said the request had been approved as of Monday night and when I said "So I can go ahead and schedule this scan now?" he said "Yes." So I did.

The lady from my doctor's office comes back today and calls me about half an hour ago to tell me they denied it!

So I tell her I spoke to them, they told me the opposite, and I already had the scan scheduled. She asks me which case # I have (which is the one she gave me - I wouldn't have had any way of getting that myself). I give her the first three numbers and she says "That's already totally different from the one here."

Someone is dropping balls. I don't know if it's my insurance, my doctor's office, or what. But now I have this test scheduled for five days from now and no way of knowing who's going to end up paying for it. I certainly can't afford it. The good news is that I have the name of the person at the insurance company I spoke with, the date and time I spoke with him, and assuming they're being truthful about all calls being recorded, proof that I was in fact told I could go ahead and schedule it. My doctor's office thinks the insurance company is mixing up paperwork or something. I don't even know if that's possible; I guess it is. I don't care who's at fault, I just want it straightened out. This has already been such a stressful experience and they're making it so much worse.

That's all. I don't expect any advice or anything; I just needed to get it out somehow. Hope everyone's having a better day!

Ugh I’m sorry. Insurance companies are the absolute worst.

Hope you can get it sorted out.
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

It's FINALLY all sorted out, as of this morning. My scan is scheduled for 24 hours from now. Half of me is happy to finally have some forward motion, while the other half of me feels sick about what they might find. Trying to remember that there's no point in worrying until I know there's something to worry about!

Good luck!!

Quote Originally Posted by jojo2316 View Post
    Good luck!!
    Thank you!!!

Scan is done…now we wait.

Did they say when you can expect the results?

They didn't. I'm guessing they'll have to have the radiologist go over it, maybe compare it to my previous imaging and write up a report, then send that report to my doctor. It'll be uploaded to my patient portal I'm sure (dreading the notification I'll get when that happens) and then my doctor will either call or message me. I'm not sure how long all that will take. If it's good news I want it today; if it's bad, it can wait until after the weekend as far as I'm concerned

The worst part was trying not to wonder why they kept moving the scanner over the same spots, and at one point one of the technicians came out and held my arm a certain way while the other one continued taking pictures. I also know we're not supposed to try and read them, but one of the technicians (the one who was actually performing it) had been so friendly over the multiple phone calls I had with her and even before the scan, and she darted out without a word once it was done but before I left, so of course I'm frantic that she saw something and was afraid her face would give it away...which is dumb; she's probably that nice to everyone and just had another scan to get to.

If it helps, I had an abdominal ultrasound and they retook a bunch of the pictures, then kept pausing to measure things and circle/make notes on the image. I was sure they had seen something! But no, apparently it’s just normal to do that.

I admire people who can read ultrasounds and X-rays, it all looks like noise to me.

Glad it’s done, and I’m sure all is well but I hope you are able to get the results soon!
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information