Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Am I feeling my mastoid process?

Am I feeling my mastoid process?

Hello, I’ve got myself all worked up because I was feeling my neck and if I push in just below where my ear lobes are I can feel two roundish bony lumps? I have to push in and if I raise my head they are more pronounced. I have researched and I’m not sure if it’s the mastoid process but I thought that was the larger bone that’s behind the ear. This is just where my ear lobes are.

Re: Am I feeling my mastoid process?

Careful Chlobo, you know full well the behaviors, thoughts and 'research' you're engaging in make the rabbit hole harder to get out of.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Careful Chlobo, you know full well the behaviors, thoughts and 'research' you're engaging in make the rabbit hole harder to get out of.

FMP

You’re right and I know you are, just worried it could be some sort of neck cancer. Can’t seem to feel it on the two other people that I’ve checked so I’m not sure if they are hard glands now. I have messaged my doctors surgery about it, I’m hoping I can see the doctor tomorrow

'Told Ya So Gang' on standby

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

FMP

I just feel terrified, I hope you’re right. But I’m not sure what else it could be apart from lymph nodes that have gone hard. And if it is a lymph node then all I’ve read is hard and immobile is bad news. I feel fine in myself, just exhausted from the anxiety eating away at me.
    The doctor called me and I have an appointment tomorrow at 10am.

FMP

Hey fishmanpa.

So I went to the doctors and he felt my neck and said what I’m feeling is glands but they are normal. He also said he would take some bloods to see if I was low in anything which I’m also panicking about now with waiting for results. I’m in a hole and I know I am right now, struggling to do normal life, the usual. My other issue is I have checked my account on the nhs and it shows the information he has typed on the computer about what he has seen me for, but by his name it says paramedic so he isn’t even a doctor. Now I’m doubting him. He was very nice and seemed knowledgeable but my mind is doing overtime.

Trying to tell myself what will be will be! And I can’t change the outcome of bloods so why worry. Still jumping at my phone though and I will be all week he booked me in for a telephone consultation to go over my bloods next Friday, but sometimes the doctors send an automated text message to your phone which I hate about test results. All I can do is pray.

I’m feeling so awful. Bloods were taken Friday morning around 11am. My anxiety is out of control waiting for a text or a phone call. I have an appointment booked Friday morning to go over them but I’m scared they will call me sooner to tell me the results aren’t good. It’s been about 2 years since I had bloods done, I’m exhausted and it’s half term this week so all my children are off school, all I want to do is hide away. I’m doubting that these lumps are normal, I don’t see how they can be personally when they are hard and I haven’t felt them like mine in anyone else’s neck. My neck is aching which doesn’t help. I’m not sure if they were really bad would I of had a phone call by now, it’s bank holiday Monday today but I wonder if the hospital would have called if they had found anything as I would think they would have been tested by now…. My anxiety is in overdrive about lymphoma

Anyone? I feel terrible. It’s Tuesday and I had my bloods taken Friday, I’m scared I’m going to have a bad phone call today from the doctors, I want to call them but I’m too scared. I feel so bad

There's not much anyone can say really. You're in a spiral, and you know it. And only you can get yourself out of it.
    I'm confused on you saying you went to the doctor's, but on the paperwork it says he's a paramedic? Where did you go then? Not your GP's office? If he was at your GPs office and took bloods and everything, I'm assuming he is an actual doctor and not a paramedic and he may used to have been but the system hasn't been updated yet?

Other than that there's nothing to do but wait for your bloods, and try and distract yourself in the meantime. I'm terrified every time I get my bloods taken. But I have to get through the wait just like everyone else. Try to hold onto the feeling of relief you'll feel when they come back clear, rather than expecting the worst

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkling_Fairy View Post
    There's not much anyone can say really. You're in a spiral, and you know it. And only you can get yourself out of it.
    I'm confused on you saying you went to the doctor's, but on the paperwork it says he's a paramedic? Where did you go then? Not your GP's office? If he was at your GPs office and took bloods and everything, I'm assuming he is an actual doctor and not a paramedic and he may used to have been but the system hasn't been updated yet?

Other than that there's nothing to do but wait for your bloods, and try and distract yourself in the meantime. I'm terrified every time I get my bloods taken. But I have to get through the wait just like everyone else. Try to hold onto the feeling of relief you'll feel when they come back clear, rather than expecting the worst
    Thanks sparkling fairy. I’ve had them back and from what I can see apart from low iron and slightly low lymphocytes they seem okay. But I’m not an expert so I have to wait for the call Friday.
    I’m just scared of these bumps in my neck, I’m trying to find a logical reason such as part of my bones but I can’t really find anything online. I’ve felt my kids necks and they don’t have it, my mum and friend don’t have the same bumps. So they’re either hard lymph nodes or bones which the idea of them being lymph nodes scares the hell out of me due to how hard they are. The medical professional who felt my neck said he wasn’t concerned but maybe he’s wrong? So I did go to my GP office but I’m in the UK and you can see different doctors sometimes, on my notes he has put himself down as an advanced paramedic which I’m confused about as yes he did examine me and did take bloods, and he can read bloods as he is the one calling me. So I’m not sure of his actual title

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information