Thread: Hives, stings, immune system, and more...

Exclamation Hives, stings, immune system, and more...

Sorry for the wall of text. I've been dealing with a lot and would love people's thoughts. I'll try to be very brief.

Right now I am worried about leukemia, lymphoma, and neurological illnesses. I am a 27yr old male. I attached some images (disregard my scar on my arm).

Background
    Today is May 23, 2024. Last august I had a low WBC. 4 blood tests in 1 month. Worst month of my life. They said its benign and I am just naturally low. They tested me for cancers and it was negative. Had a follow up in February and my WBC was back up to just above normal (the day after, I still got an infection in the nail bed of a toe). They tested me again for cancers and it was negative. In April, my WBC went down a bit but not technically concerning. My neutrophils were very low when this first happened last August, they have since come up, but now my lymphocytes are low. However I do get bad allergies around this time of year.

Symptoms
    But now whenever I get out of the shower, I get hives on my torso and arms. They are itchy, and itching makes it worse. I've also have sensitive-ish skin, but this seems more extreme. I keep the water lukewarm, not even that hot. The hives go away in 30-45 minutes and I don't have other symptoms. I did have a nailbed infection in my toe in February, after a topical gel failed, antibiotics took care of it. In April, my feet started getting blotchy and red while I shower. My hematologist was stumped. Around the same time, I have been dealing with a lot of stings around my body. The other night, I had one that felt like I was being stabbed in my toe. But that is super rare, usually they are very miniscule, but very annoying, and very frequent. Yesterday I didn't think about it that much, and it seemed better. Last week, my ear started ringing so bad, certain frequencies were distorted. It lasted for 4 hours and on and off for the rest of the day but went away.

What doctors said
    My GP in March said in regards to my feet, I had nailbed infection and possibly herpetic whitlow (which I seriously don't think I have, in fact other doctors don't think so either). My hematologist was stumped but wasn't concerned. He didn't even call me last month after my blood test (they didn't test for cancer though which worries me). Dermatologist said this was nothing and just my body changing and would give me a cream for flair ups or ezcema (this was before the hives though)? Podiatrist said it might be vascular, but sees nothing he would treat. He recommended a blood pressure study and EMG, and ordered an ultrasound of my legs which is next month. Cardiologist said no need for the blood pressure study cause all my pulses seemed perfect. ENT said the ear ringing could be my allergies causing inflammation in tandem with my deviated septum in my nose. I'm seeing a dermatologist again next week, and waiting to schedule an allergist appointment.

I just feel like I am falling apart, and everyday something new happens. I'm fed up, and scared.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Hives, stings, immune system, and more...

Anyone out there who has had a similar experience? Or any thoughts?

Re: Hives, stings, immune system, and more...

Quote Originally Posted by mastercrod103 View Post
    Sorry for the wall of text. I've been dealing with a lot and would love people's thoughts. I'll try to be very brief.

Right now I am worried about leukemia, lymphoma, and neurological illnesses. I am a 27yr old male. I attached some images (disregard my scar on my arm).

Background
    Today is May 23, 2024. Last august I had a low WBC. 4 blood tests in 1 month. Worst month of my life. They said its benign and I am just naturally low. They tested me for cancers and it was negative. Had a follow up in February and my WBC was back up to just above normal (the day after, I still got an infection in the nail bed of a toe). They tested me again for cancers and it was negative. In April, my WBC went down a bit but not technically concerning. My neutrophils were very low when this first happened last August, they have since come up, but now my lymphocytes are low. However I do get bad allergies around this time of year.

Symptoms
    But now whenever I get out of the shower, I get hives on my torso and arms. They are itchy, and itching makes it worse. I've also have sensitive-ish skin, but this seems more extreme. I keep the water lukewarm, not even that hot. The hives go away in 30-45 minutes and I don't have other symptoms. I did have a nailbed infection in my toe in February, after a topical gel failed, antibiotics took care of it. In April, my feet started getting blotchy and red while I shower. My hematologist was stumped. Around the same time, I have been dealing with a lot of stings around my body. The other night, I had one that felt like I was being stabbed in my toe. But that is super rare, usually they are very miniscule, but very annoying, and very frequent. Yesterday I didn't think about it that much, and it seemed better. Last week, my ear started ringing so bad, certain frequencies were distorted. It lasted for 4 hours and on and off for the rest of the day but went away.

What doctors said
    My GP in March said in regards to my feet, I had nailbed infection and possibly herpetic whitlow (which I seriously don't think I have, in fact other doctors don't think so either). My hematologist was stumped but wasn't concerned. He didn't even call me last month after my blood test (they didn't test for cancer though which worries me). Dermatologist said this was nothing and just my body changing and would give me a cream for flair ups or ezcema (this was before the hives though)? Podiatrist said it might be vascular, but sees nothing he would treat. He recommended a blood pressure study and EMG, and ordered an ultrasound of my legs which is next month. Cardiologist said no need for the blood pressure study cause all my pulses seemed perfect. ENT said the ear ringing could be my allergies causing inflammation in tandem with my deviated septum in my nose. I'm seeing a dermatologist again next week, and waiting to schedule an allergist appointment.

I just feel like I am falling apart, and everyday something new happens. I'm fed up, and scared.
    I replied to your other thread. Mostly these are just unrelated individual health issues. Wait until you get older. The you'll have a list as long as your arm which also leads me to say deal with your health anxiety now as once you are not too young for a tone of potential illnesses it gets harder.

Seeing all symptoms together is unhelpful. Cannot see anything there that I have ever heard to be suggestive of cancer. You don't need to be tested for it. Trust the Drs.

Thread Information