Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Fear of dentist. Extraction needed. Fear I will die.

Re: Fear of dentist. Extraction needed. Fear I will die.

I ended up at the dentist Thursday because the pain was really bad. Lucky I did, I had a raging infection. I'm on antibiotics now and there's no more pain. I can actually eat semi-normal. The holes have covered up now so ate a lasagne and garlic bread. Food was much needed, not eating properly for so long throws everything off.

Just got to go back in 2 weeks for the other fillings. Hopefully they don't degrade in that time and cause me any pain.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

So glad you went back and have now got antibiotics to sort it. There is normally some pain after extraction but you know deep down when its not right and it’s just too much pain.

Two weeks isn’t too long. I’ve got my fingers crossed for you. Keep your mouth as clean as possible in the meantime.

Ghost…Spillways

Aww wired, I'm glad you can enjoy some food now.
    I started a toothache myself 5 days ago and resulted to a soft food diet, plus the groaning with the pain. It's not nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Darksky View Post
    So glad you went back and have now got antibiotics to sort it. There is normally some pain after extraction but you know deep down when its not right and it’s just too much pain.

Two weeks isn’t too long. I’ve got my fingers crossed for you. Keep your mouth as clean as possible in the meantime.
    Thank you Darksky

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    Aww wired, I'm glad you can enjoy some food now.
    I started a toothache myself 5 days ago and resulted to a soft food diet, plus the groaning with the pain. It's not nice.
    Oh no. Sorry to hear that, it's a bloody nightmare these teeth! Have you got an appointment? 111 can get you in emergency.

☪️️

No wired, I will let it heal naturally.
    It's a tooth coming out, I feel it!!! It's causing stress to my gums and sending the teeth around it on edge (that's putting it mildly).
    My dentist charges £300+ for extraction.

Does your dentist not do NHS work Carnation? I'm sorry you and Wired are going through this, teeth are no laughing matter are they.

Ouch Carnation! Sounds a bit similar to my plight. It caused the teeth next to it to hurt like hell. But I think that pain was caused because of the infection.

I finished my antibiotics Monday. Yesterday my stomach was in bits. I'm hoping the antibiotics caused that because I don't need any more health anxiety. It will send me on a big C spiral. Could have been the co-codimol too. I was taking them daily for 2 weeks until Sunday when the pain went away.

I've some pain in completely different teeth when drinking tea, or cold pepsi max. That's not good news.

I've got appointment Friday. I could have had one for tomorrow but my mom or ex is unable to take me until Friday. Can't wait to get it sorted.

The problem with damaged teeth is they will forever need work. Fillings come off. Crowns come out. Root canals go sideways. Even after you've had work done, there's no relief because you know it's only a matter of time before something happens. There are some people (probably even on this forum) who are older than me and have non of the issues I have. Teeth suck!

I need to start eating a softer diet now I'm running low on teeth.

I hope you're ok Carnation. Are you using pain medications?

☪️️

Just paracetamol wired. Didn't touch the pain tbh.
    Like you said, it was the one tooth but affected the group of teeth /gums to the side. Felt like nerve pain. The sort of pain that you cradle your face with your hands or brings tears to your eyes. Comes in waves. And eating food is a nightmare, any bits of food that get stuck in that area is extremely uncomfortable.
    I tried the old fashioned remedy of a warm salt water wash, went on a soft diet, lots of eggs, lol.
    Then I remembered there is a trigger point for stopping pain. It's the base of the big toe, opposite side to the pain side and also the web bit between the thumb and index finger. It actually worked, it stopped the pain.
    It's settled down for now. It kicked off after eating cake that had nuts (unknown to me) and something went crunch. I've got ongoing issues with my teeth, a couple of wobbly ones, one with a hole, some have moved position, sounds lovely, doesn't it?
    I think your tummy would have been affected by those things wired, and your change of diet along with worry.

Lol fishman, no NHS dentist and private want to push implants at a price I could buy a car for.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information