Thread: Scared of lymphoma... Please help

Scared of lymphoma... Please help

Currently pretty scared. Everytime I get out of the shower and my skin gets dry, I get red lumps similar to contact dermatitis. It's not scaly. It's like a mosquito bite that stings at first and is really small, then when I itch it, it gets bigger. They all go away in 30-45 minutes. I also just get them in general. I also have sensitive allergies to pollen and such. I have no other symptoms though. I do have a headache right now but I suck and drinking water and was on the beach all day yesterday.

I do have a low WBC count, however, my hematologist has been monitoring it for the past 9 months, and my numbers go up and down. And the different cells of my immune system go up and down. He isn't worried at all. The last time I was tested for cancer was February (3-4 months ago). All was negative. I'm worried I'm developing something currently.

Seeing the dermatologist this Wednesday.

Re: Scared of lymphoma... Please help

Quote Originally Posted by mastercrod103 View Post
    Currently pretty scared. Everytime I get out of the shower and my skin gets dry, I get red lumps similar to contact dermatitis. It's not scaly. It's like a mosquito bite that stings at first and is really small, then when I itch it, it gets bigger. They all go away in 30-45 minutes. I also just get them in general. I also have sensitive allergies to pollen and such. I have no other symptoms though. I do have a headache right now but I suck and drinking water and was on the beach all day yesterday.

I do have a low WBC count, however, my hematologist has been monitoring it for the past 9 months, and my numbers go up and down. And the different cells of my immune system go up and down. He isn't worried at all. The last time I was tested for cancer was February (3-4 months ago). All was negative. I'm worried I'm developing something currently.

Seeing the dermatologist this Wednesday.
    I get the fear and it sounds like an unpleasant symptom but it's not that. It'll be allergies or sensitive skin. What are you using in the shower?

Your Dr isn't worried. You were last tested for cancer 3 months ago but you realise it's not normal to be tested without specific concerns (other than recommended screenings).

From the outside I can see this as textbook health anxiety. That test 3 months ago made you feel better but that's wearing off. Then you have some slightly out of conventional range blood values so anything that happens now seems to confirm your deepest worry.

I do understand but sounds like you are well cared for by your Drs.

Quote Originally Posted by JooBug View Post
    I get the fear and it sounds like an unpleasant symptom but it's not that. It'll be allergies or sensitive skin. What are you using in the shower?

Your Dr isn't worried. You were last tested for cancer 3 months ago but you realise it's not normal to be tested without specific concerns (other than recommended screenings).

From the outside I can see this as textbook health anxiety. That test 3 months ago made you feel better but that's wearing off. Then you have some slightly out of conventional range blood values so anything that happens now seems to confirm your deepest worry.

I do understand but sounds like you are well cared for by your Drs.
    I use a general dove soap. Over the weekend I used a hypoallergenic soap and I didn't have as many hives or whatever they are. I hope my seasonal allergies are not evolving but I'd much rather have that than anything else more sinister.

Currently have indigestion, seemingly stomach/liver pain, throat tightness, had a bout of nausea. Annoying!!!!!!!! It's hard trying not to connect all these things.

Quote Originally Posted by mastercrod103 View Post
    I use a general dove soap. Over the weekend I used a hypoallergenic soap and I didn't have as many hives or whatever they are. I hope my seasonal allergies are not evolving but I'd much rather have that than anything else more sinister.

Currently have indigestion, seemingly stomach/liver pain, throat tightness, had a bout of nausea. Annoying!!!!!!!! It's hard trying not to connect all these things.
    It really is. I totally understand. But tummy troubles v common when stressed.

Sounds like the soap might be the probkem combined with dry skin maybe. Even if it's something you used before it can still happen.

I promise you will be ok. Trust your Dr

Hello,

I totally agree, this sounds like anxiety is rearing its ugly head unfortunately.

My wife is currently being investigated for Lymphoma and your symptoms do not sound like you have it.

Concidering you had a test in the last few months which was negative, you should feel quite reassured.

Stay away from Dr Google and focus on what you want to do. The more food you give anxiety the more it will want.

Take care

Quote Originally Posted by Angler88 View Post
    Hello,

I totally agree, this sounds like anxiety is rearing its ugly head unfortunately.

My wife is currently being investigated for Lymphoma and your symptoms do not sound like you have it.

Concidering you had a test in the last few months which was negative, you should feel quite reassured.

Stay away from Dr Google and focus on what you want to do. The more food you give anxiety the more it will want.
    It sounds like you might be experiencing a form of urticaria, commonly known as hives, which can be triggered by various factors including temperature changes, pressure on the skin, or allergens. The fact that these red lumps appear after showering and then resolve within 30-45 minutes suggests a possible reaction to the change in temperature or the water itself. Your history of sensitive allergies to pollen and other environmental factors also supports this possibility. While your low WBC count might seem concerning, it's reassuring that your hematologist is monitoring it and hasn't found any signs of serious conditions like cancer, especially given your recent negative tests. Staying hydrated, especially after being exposed to the sun and beach conditions, is important as dehydration can exacerbate headaches and skin issues. It may also be beneficial to use gentle, hypoallergenic skin products to minimize potential irritants. If your symptoms persist or worsen, consider following up with your healthcare provider for further evaluation and peace of mind. As a student grappling with the myriad challenges of academic life, I found myself overwhelmed with coursework, which led me to seek assistance from the https://academized.com/coursework-writing-service website link. This decision was driven by the need to manage my time better and to ensure high-quality submissions. The platform offered a comprehensive solution to my problem, providing expert help in various subjects. The ease of access and the user-friendly interface of the website made the process straightforward, reducing my stress significantly.
    Take care
    Thanks for the info, I appreciate it. I will keep it in my mind.
    Last edited by FredGary; 17-06-24 at 06:45.

Thread Information