Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Wildlife Thread

Re: Wildlife Thread

Oh wow darksky, they are so stunning!

And that Robin fishman, so tame!

I've never heard of any of those places Peter.

Sorry jojo I didn't answer your question. In recent months I noticed he would perch very close to me while I was digging. So the natural step was to see if he'd take anything from my hand. And with the added incentive of a family to feed, he duly did. His first few attempts were snatched but he grew more confident and now sits on my hand for up to 10 seconds or so sometimes.

Those stags are beautiful Darksky!! How lucky to have them around your house like that.

IMG_0986.jpgIMG_0984.jpg

You’ve met Roger the Robin. Well say hello to Bobby the Bluetit. Had a meal of suet from my hand and posed beautifully for photos.

Ghost…Spillways

Another 'Wow' from me.

Aww that’s lovely Darksky!! It’s a juvenile blue tit, not long out of the nest.��

I am LOVING these pictures!!

No photo because I was caught on the hop but I was sat having a cup of tea when out of the corner of my eye I saw a little weasel scurry past carrying a mouse by the throat. As I turned my head it froze and we stared at each other. I fumbled for my phone but the movement was the final straw and it ran off up the bank into the field. I don’t remember seeing a weasel before. At least not a live one. I saw plenty of trapped ones as a child unfortunately, caught in case they got at the pheasant chicks.

Ghost…Spillways

Lovely little chaps aren't they Darksky. I remember a black fluffy cat we had called Mosie, she had a stand-off with a weasel. It made a spitting noise. Though another cat we had called Mickey, he brought weasels back as trophies. A stoat too once.

Today our 25 year old daughter had Roger come to her hand. Maybe because she looked different, he snatched the pellets at first. But then settled down.

A short while later we were outside still and heard a commotion above. I briefly saw a red kite being mobbed by crows before it dropped something. A headless woodpigeon that fell into our neighbour's backyard. Luckily she was out (the neighbour).

IMG_0995.jpg

Over the lane from the window so it’s not sharp, ( but you’ve come to expect that with me )
    The front one is Achilles. Thus called because he has a limp. It’s his knee joint courtesy of a tangle of farmers twine last year. I know Achilles had problems with his heel but poetic licence and all that.

Ghost…Spillways

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread Information