Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gardening

Re: Gardening

Wow Jim!

That looks great ! looks like you have been working so hard !

Can i hire you for a week?lol

So pleased the gardening is helping you.

love
    Andrea
    xxxxx

Oh wow Jim - how fun is this!!

I love seeing how things progress and this looks fab mate - well done!!

I look forward to watching how things go - you must feel a real sense of achievement mate and quite rightly so!!!

Piglet

Plants is the next stage, which means a trip to the garden centre I think.

This is great stuff! It's a fab thing you're doing Jim.

Hey, anyone here an expert with a veggie patch? I've just moved house and inherited a reasonable size veggie patch. There seems to be a row of potato plants and a couple of rows of onions doing ok at the moment but the rest (ie most of it) is not really in use. I'd like to add some new plants but am not sure whether to just carefully dig in between the existing stuff or if I should rethink the whole thing. I think I need to act soon, as it is planting time now isn't it?

Any helpful hints before I spend the weekend on Google looking for the answers?

Eeb xx

Hey Jim
    only just come across this thread, it is fabby! As you know I have been doing the whole gardening thing as a form of therapy. I love that you have put photos, that is great!

Groovy granny
    I just luv feeling the soil in my bare hands and planting what I have grown from seed.

If you want to see hope, then follow a plant's growth from seed to final bloom
    I felt quite emotional reading that! I never wear gardening gloves, I LOVE the feel of the soil in my hands! And as for planting something from seed, you were in my head there I am sure! I have planted so so much from seed this year and I love it! Every day, at least 3 times a day, I check on my seed trays and I get such a kick out of seeing another seedling poke through! It is quite overwhelming to see a little scrawny seedling reach for the sun, then get bigger and stronger with the care that is lavished on it. I think it might be an emotional wrench when I put them outside! (sadly, I am not joking!!! )

My dad had an amazing way with plants. He could grow anything at all. People used to bring their houseplants to him, like people take an animal to the vet! he could bring any plant back to life, even if it looked dead beyond any more life! Plants oxygen making capabilities were always restored when he was around!

thanx for this Jim. Get yourself to the garden centre! it will be a trip you will be happy you made!

happyone
    xx

I've been through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.
    —Mark Twain

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information