Thread: Constant struggle to fight anxiety

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Constant struggle to fight anxiety

Not sure what you mean by "fight" and "struggle", but I think the key word worth adopting is "accept". I am saying this because this is what my therapist advises, but it's really hard to go along with acceptance when you are in the thick of it.

He says that if I resign myself to this, it will help. Constant focus on the pain, the anguish and suffering does us no good at all. Again, easier said than done, but I feel it is good advice.

I have avoided anti-depressants for 3 years, but am going on them in a few days.

How much are you able to escape from thinking about anxiety in your life? Are you able to get out on socials etc. to distract?

Take Care

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/
    http://cornerhousewoking.org.uk/

http://www.pbase.com/clickaway

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
    ~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

Re: Constant struggle to fight anxiety

Thank you so much for your helpful advice. There are lots of things you have said which are veryt true. I think that I do need to give myself time off as well as pushing myself. I tend to push myself to attend things at work as I feel that if I start avoiding meetings/visits which can be stressful for me I will find it harder to get back into this. I have some benzos which the doctor gave me for periods of acute anxiety and I have started just to use the minutest amount of them to assist. Believe it or not I get anxious that I will be addicted to them!! As soon as the edge is taken off the anxiety I feel everything is so much more manageable. I looked through the website self help last night and decided it is time to give myself some time off and tlc as well as getting through the harder days. I have cancelled some not urgent things that I can easily get out of to give myself some space. I think I am just really exhausted from constantly feeling anxious. I've got a list of vitamins to get as well as planning some time to go to the gym and yoga as well - if I could avoid going back on anti-depressants I would like to but I accept that if I need to I will. I think I need to accept that this will just come and go at different times in my life and I am not failing when it does - I am so self critical.
    Thanks again.

Thread Information