Thread: Zopiclone withdrawal?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Zopiclone withdrawal?

Karen
    I'm sure your GP will be supportive, do it gradually, are you taking any other medication or getting other treatment for your other issues?

I'm getting myself worked up about the zopiclone. Last nigt took two then two hours later two two again. I'm so frusrated because last week I'd weaned myself down to the tiniest crumb. (Practically off them) Then had another attack and reached straight for them. Had a rough couple of days. Doctor told me not to worry- that the anxiety will pass and I will be able to wean myself off again- Doctor said- you are ot addicted- someone addicted would not be able to go down to 1/8th, your anxiety just needs to settle. but I can't help but stress about it. I am taking antidepressants- just have to believe that they will start working.

Re: Zopiclone withdrawal?

I understand how you must feel Karen.

I smoke like a chimney and am totally and truly addicted to nicotine. I've smoked for 10 years. Giving up is a thought that I find very hard to think about. It must be similar for you.

Firstly, there are some massive benefits about speaking to your doc. Firstly, it will probably save you a fortune, getting this med isn't cheap without a prescription. Unless you are getting this from a UK pharmacy, god knows how they were made and what else is in the tablets and what damage they are doing to you. Internet pharmacies probably fund terrorism, crime, slavery and lots of god awful things.

Secondly, it can't hurt to give something else a try. I truly believe your 'sleep eating' and the memory loss of this is being caused by this med. Surely stopping those 2 things alone would be a massive benefit to you?

Just because a med has increased appetite as a side effect, that may not necessarily happen for you. Most of them also have decreased appetite as a side effect too. Even if it did increase your appetite, that does not mean you will gain weight. These are 2 different things.

I'm trying out Trazodone at the moment, it is sometimes used to help people when withdrawing from opiates like heroin and codeine. It could help you to at least reduce the zopiclone to a dose where it's not causing this memory loss and fluid retention that you are getting.

Jim

Thread Information