Thread: Its nearly the end!!

Its nearly the end!!

Hi all, went to my course again today. It was ok, but the first 10 minutes i felt like a right idiot though. This week the course was on "Healthy lifestyle" "healthy eating". So today they wanted us to think about the food we eat and the exercise and life style we have. The first exercise was suppose to be a fun excercise.

Basically we all stood in a group circle facing each other, and he explained we had to throw a "animal bean bag" to each other, but before we threw to somebody we had to say what fruit or vegetable we are.

And why we are that fruit or vegetable, e.g. if we said we were an orange, you could say like because i'm bright and juicy. But before we threw the bean bag onwards, (once everybody had called themselves a fruit). We had to call them by there fruit name.

Put it this way it made me feel totally uncomfortable, and i nearly legged it(fight or flight kicked in, not sure why?). So it had the opposite effect of making me feel positive. I think this excercise was to make you relax, but totally made me feel anxious. Enough so, i could not remember the names of the other peoples fruit name. The thing i can take from this excercise though is i have a fault(social anxiety related) and hopefully i can fix it.

The rest rest of the course was about, drinking, smoking and insomnia. Which was very informative.

Stu

Re: Its nearly the end!!

Ok I have to ask what fruit you were Stu!!!

I don't understand the purpose of that but there must be one!!
    I wouldn't remember anyone else's fruit names either!!

Great job sticking it out even tho you were uncomfortable!!!!!

xxx
    Sandy

Stu,

I am in complete and utter awe of you!

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry when I read about your 'fruity experience' !!

Reminded me of this thread!!! :

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=20405&highlight=fruity+humour

I think you are doing a phenomenal job sticking at this - and being considerate enough to keep us all up to date about it!

I wish you all the best mate!

Hi Stu,

I too would have been uncomfortable with that game . I'm glad you stayed though and learned important information, great job!

Hugs,

Laura

A big well done for staying Stu

You're making great progress

Hi Stu,

I like Laura would have felt uncomfortable with that game but you did good staying so a big well done to you. xxx

Mandy xx

"DILLIGAF"

Argh i think Id have found that very uncomfotable aswell, especially with people you hardly know. I always find 'ice-breakers' unnerving though, i think everyone does lol! Well done on staying though, glad you found it useful in the end!

Well Done For Sticking It Out.....like Sandy Said What Fruit Were You I Dont Get What That Execise Was Meant For But Im Sure It Was Meant For Something..good Luck With The Rest Of Your Course........linda Xx

Stu

You have made some great progress over the last few weeks

You should be so proud of yourself, sounds like the course as helped you so much, apart from the fruit.lol

Im proud of you hun

Love

Andrea
    xxxxx

Thread Information