The Media confuse broadcasting with narrowcasting. News reporting should be about stuff that affects a broad range of people, a town, the nation etc.

Whilst obviously not wishing misfortune to happen to anyone, I have no interest whatsoever in watching/hearing of misfortune A affecting person B, accident X affecting person Z etc...ie tragic stuff affecting people I don't know. It should be a private matter for those involved and the media should butt out.

Regarding knife crime..again it is a personal tragedy for the victim and their family, but I really couldn't give a toss if some guy in London/Scotland/wherever gets stabbed.

It's all propaganda with the ultimate aim of totally disarming the public, guns..knives...next it will be large belts.

Everything is broadcast with an ulterior motive. It's what they don't broadcast that people should be alert to.

To reduce your anxiety it might be an idea to quit watching the news on TV and catch the headlines on the radio.

I quit watching the news years ago as I refuse to sit down and be spoon-fed junk garbage which someone else has decided to be 'my news'.