Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Tips for dealing with Anxiety and Panic

Re: Tips for dealing with Anxiety and Panic

Michelle is no longer a member of NMP

Carol

hya

Just read the posts - fantastic
    just one question when have experienced a anxiety/ panic attack does anyone have a constant feeling of nervousness for days after? i do and thats the part i dread coz i feel restless when that happens and just want it to go away xx

Fantastic post. I am experiencing nearly all of these at the moment so I am going to follow the advice and try and get back to normal again. Thumbs up!!

Quote Originally Posted by michellemumof4 View Post
    Hi Lizzie

I did suffer with Severe General Anxiety Disorder and intrusive thoughts , I am Now recovered and am a trained Helpliner with No Panic, I had all of the above symptoms and more besides , when i was recovering I found a lot of different things that helped me and some that didnt, Now I am recovered I take great Joy and comfort in helping others .
    I am a Mum to 4 married 23 years and thats about it really

Good luck xxx
    michelle please exscuse my computing as i am new to it and am working with one finger.have sufferd with depresion and anxiety for about two years i am 64 years old finding it hard to cope in the mornings am on medication my be yuo could give me some ideas with the things that helped yuo terry spanish 2008

Unhappy Re: Tips for dealing with Anxiety and Panic

Thanks for that. I am printing this off as can relate to most of them. Can you just type the pillow bit again for palpitations at night please, just cant seem to stop getting anxious at the point i want to try sleep so end up reaching for the sleeping tablet.

its currently 1:51am and im lying awake in bed becuase i just cant get to sleep, my heart is going ten to the dozen even though im focusing on something else, i feel sick, dizzy and my hands are clammy, its been like this for the past 6 months.
    but it has gradually worsened, i never used to have sleeping difficulties but now i find it next to impossible to be able to get to sleep, i dread going to bed because i know i'm going to be lying there for hours tossing and turning.
    its strange, i do not directly fear anything nor do i really have anything to feel particuarly worried about, i just get these moments where my heart starts beating and i get those horrible butterflies in my stomach that come like contractions, they go down then quickly get worse again.
    my mum suffers with anxiety problems and used to get really random bad panic attacks. i was wondering if this was genetic?
    my weight has dropped and im feeling hungry but when i go to eat it feels disgusting in my mouth and makes me feel sick...

i really don't know what's going on, i was wondering if anyone ws experiencing these specific symptoms?
    im so relieved i found this website i didn't realise that so many other people had it aswell.

confused

Hi

I am new to No More Panic and i have just read that post, I have to say its the most helpful inf i have had in a long time I have printed it off ......

Thankyou.

hello everyone
    im new to this and my initial feeling was its good there are people to talk to when we are alone when we have these awful problems we go through alone.

Quote Originally Posted by jessiebee View Post
    its currently 1:51am and im lying awake in bed becuase i just cant get to sleep, my heart is going ten to the dozen even though im focusing on something else, i feel sick, dizzy and my hands are clammy,
    now i find it next to impossible to be able to get to sleep, i dread going to bed because i know i'm going to be lying there for hours tossing and turning.
    its strange, i do not directly fear anything nor do i really have anything to feel particuarly worried about, i just get these moments where my heart starts beating and i get those horrible butterflies in my stomach that come like contractions, they go down then quickly get worse again.

confused

Can I ask, How are you feeling now? Have you gotten help and if so what are you doing to over come these issues.

Like would I dread going to bed, I do nothing but toss and turn, for the post part mine is after a few hours of sleep. I also dread morning. I get the butterflies in the tummy, dizzyness,sick feeling, and shakes... this normally last for about 2-3 hours. My mind races and just wont let me get back to sleep.

Hello Michelle

I have just joined the site today. For the last month or so I have been experiencing all sorts of ailments, from headaches for days and days, clicking jaw, palpataitions, numb fingers etc. I am currently having lots of tests but these are so far all coming back fine (thankfully) and my doctor thinks I', stressed and anxious. Your advice is really helpful and nice to know I'm not alone. However one thing that is getting me down more than anything else is a constant terror or dying. Even the slightest twinge has me convinced I'm about to drop dead. It's that bad sometimes that I'll watch a programme on TV and think "well that's the last time I'll see them on telly" or I could be in a room in my house and think "I really like this room, I don't want to die yet!" Bizarra I know but it is becoming a real problem. Funny thing is I only get these feelings at home, when I'm at work I feel fine most of the time. Do you think these thoughts are all due to being stressed?

Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread Information