View Poll Results: How Many Of Us Are Able To Work?

Voters
980. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fulltime

388 39.59%
  • Part Time

224 22.86%
  • Not at all

368 37.55%
Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: How Many Of Us Are Able To Work?

Re: How Many Of Us Are Able To Work?

I work full time and I am actually a manager so the stress is even higher for me because I have to manage a team which isn't always easy. Although the job is tough sometimes, I feel like I really need it because I think if I was idle I would have gone into a very deep depression....

I don't work at the moment, mainly because I'm struggling to keep on top of things with full time uni. I have tried working before and jobs tend to only last me a few weeks to at most a few months. Then again the last job I had was pre-dx for AS and Dyspraxia so there was a lot of misunderstandings.

Sorry I work, I am of the belief that everyone is capable of doing something even its its advising people about anxiety or just listnening. Its too easy in this country to just sit back and watch everybody else pay.

Benefits should be means tested every 12 months. If you have two hands then you should be out there doing either paid or voluntary work.

The countries with no benefit system ironically have the lowest mental health problems....strange.

Sitting at home all day would drive me mad.

Mee

I work part time because i have children, thinking of doing more hours but that does worry me though. I hate knowing i have work the next day but im fine when i get there

sorry meewah i just read your post and i am furious-how dare you say that mental health isnt an illness and its something fabricated to stay off work and claim benefits i have worked for 10 years paid my taxes every single month through no fault of my own i got ill i dont take drugs (illegal) i dont drink or smoke either i got chronic depression i couldnt eat sleep hardly get up and changed in the morning i put my blouse to go too work and burst into tears because i wasnt well - how f**king dare you i will work again but people who have a mental illness need support and need some means of income i paid into it all my life so what do you suggest - staravtion i claim benefits to live p.s. i am bored s**tless at home now too because im well and i will be back too work as soon as i can find something suitable.

This post has been automatically edited by the NMP post filter

I work full time and although some of my worse attacks have been at work, I would go crazy if I didn't stay active. I am planning on starting a family in the near future so not working is really out of the question. I am just trying to focus on that to keep me going at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Meewah View Post
    Sorry I work, I am of the belief that everyone is capable of doing something even its its advising people about anxiety or just listnening. Its too easy in this country to just sit back and watch everybody else pay.

Benefits should be means tested every 12 months. If you have two hands then you should be out there doing either paid or voluntary work.

The countries with no benefit system ironically have the lowest mental health problems....strange.

Sitting at home all day would drive me mad.

Mee
    Just to clarify, it is your belief that EVERYONE with a mental health problem is capable of work?

I was taken of the work market in 1991 and paid early pension, it was only last year I do about four hours light cleaning a month which I do struggle to do. But its for a friend so he is easy on me.

I work full time and am lucky enough to love my job.. I couldn't not work, I think it has helped my recovery to work. I think its so important for people to have meaningful activity in their life (not necessarily paid work) as doing nothing is very toxic and depressing. It also gives you way too much time on your hands to worry.

Quote Originally Posted by bluegirl09 View Post
    sorry meewah i just read your post and i am furious-how dare you say that mental health isnt an illness and its something fabricated to stay off work and claim benefits i have worked for 10 years paid my taxes every single month through no fault of my own i got ill i dont take drugs (illegal) i dont drink or smoke either i got chronic depression i couldnt eat sleep hardly get up and changed in the morning i put my blouse to go too work and burst into tears because i wasnt well - how f**king dare you i will work again but people who have a mental illness need support and need some means of income i paid into it all my life so what do you suggest - staravtion i claim benefits to live p.s. i am bored s**tless at home now too because im well and i will be back too work as soon as i can find something suitable.

This post has been automatically edited by the NMP post filter

Bluegiirl

I wasnt aware I had said mental Health wasn't an illness!!! I find your comments offensive and feel as if you have a lot of anger and guilt! Do you think this is what you were thinking not me. I have this illness also but while ever I have ANY ability to help others I will. It is the best thing I do for my mental health. It gives me self respect, makes me feel part of society and feel less isolated. Stops me feeling like a scrounger. We think that because WE have a mental illness that makes us useless to others. You are working here by just giving constructive advice and support to others. Its a very selfish illness that makes us drain others and take money we dont deserve. We feel self pity all the time. If we could just start thinking about others less fortunate then may be we could live again.

Any how congratulations on getting well and good luck on your next job.

Love always

Mee
    Last edited by Meewah; 28-01-09 at 22:40. Reason: more to say

Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread Information