Thread: On Behalf of my Lovely Joy xx

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: On Behalf of my Lovely Joy xx

Hi there

the reasion I asked about your thoughts in the morning is because these are the very things that will and can set us up for the rest of the day. You say you go to bed with great hope but inevitably you wake the next morning with the same feeling the same thoughts. The hope of the evening before isnt important here, what is important is that in reality it wouldnt matter what you think the night before so far experience and pattern have preprogrammed you to think like this on waking. So the biggie is ....how do you change that? What I am hearing from what you are saying is that as you wake up there is an expectation. As we all wake up our bodies go from being completely relaxed to having a degree of tension. it could be as simple as that natural process that triggers off your thoughts and it has been done for so long and so often its an unconscious thing now.

There are two things I would recommend that you try initially:

Put a positive message up in your room that is the first thing you see when you open your eyes. The second thing is to use your body and physically move into becoming awake. I'll explain....Have a yawn (keep your eyes closed) stretch your legs and poitn your toes. Stretch your arms up above your head and out to the sides. Imagine you are a cat stretching out in the heat coming through a window. This is physically moving yourself into being awake. Open your eyes and read your positive message. SAY YOUR POSITIVE MESSAGE OUT LOUD. This is important because it has to be louder than your internal voice telling you you feel anxious.

If you want to you can give it a go for a while and let me know how it goes.

There are more things you can try too

Pooh xx
    I've crossed lines of words and wire, and both have cut me deep. I've been frozen out and I've been on fire, and the tears are mine to weep. But I can cry until I laugh, or laugh until I cry. So cut the deck right in half, I'll play from either side.

http://poohsworld-pooh.blogspot.com/

Pooh

I think you could be right and its become a habit altho when i had a good week a while ago it didnt happen. My husband may think I've gone mad but I'll give it a go!

Love Joy

Tetley

My Gp is lovely and given me a lot of support over the last few years but she is at a bit of a loss as to why the meds dont work but believe me I've spent a lot of time in her surgery!!!!

Its the shrinks I have trouble with altho the one i saw last week seemed good and have referred me to a psychologist to try and discover if my ""problem" is chemical or needs talking therapy. He actually admitted that he thinks the medical profession has let me down over the last few years which is quite an admission.
    So on we go

Love Joy

Thread Information