Page 28 of 79 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast

Thread: citalopram

Re: citalopram

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie Guy View Post
    Hi - I am a fairly new member and suffer severe anxiety and panic attacks. I have just started 10mg of citalopram and feel absolutely awful - can't really desribe it - heart racing more than usual, feel more anxious and out of control - has anybody been taking this for a while and actually feel better on it - might stop taking it - not helping at all.
    Debbie
    The thing with Citalopram is that its a jog not a sprint - its different for everyone but you will get a bit of a rollercoaster for a couple of weeks. I have been on them 27 days now and while I get some strange side effects for a few hours after taking them they are managable and the original symptoms are disappearing. Everything I have been told on here indicates that you will only start feeling the full effects between 4 & 6 weeks. Don't be frightened by the weird side effects, thats quite normal, its just your body adjusting, try and drive through them if you can.
    Bob

debbie guy- 10mg is a low dose so if you have acute anxiety you may need to increase it to get more benefit but only if and when advised by a dr. I was in a terrible state 7 weeks ago and I am starting to feel much better now. These ssri's seem to make things worse before they get better x

Thanks everyone for your advice, had really bad headache allday since taking meds at 8ish been out and about, feel really tired now and my eyes are really hurting..... One of the first syptoms of anxiety i got was the feeling of not being with it/spacey and ive still got it now... but like you say its hard to tell the difference between the actual anxiety and side effects!!!!!!!! luv lucy x

I feel not with it.spacey - its definitely the meds

thank god you have got it as well Bob thought it was just me ,do you get it all day or just sometimes ....i get it when i step out of the house it seems also do you get the headaches and eyeaches lucy x

Quote Originally Posted by lucylocket View Post
    thank god you have got it as well Bob thought it was just me ,do you get it all day or just sometimes ....i get it when i step out of the house it seems also do you get the headaches and eyeaches lucy x
    It sort of zones in and out Lucy - and fortunately the spells are getting more manageable. I can work ok with it

Thanks sara for the kind words. Well yesterday morning (which is my worst time of day!) i recieved a very upsetting phone call about a dear friend,her hubby was in tears and said hed had to take her to hospital, well! my heart started pounding and i thought"" oh my god ! im gonna have a panic attack"" But i didnt and i stayed calm and tried my best to make him feel calmer too. Although im still worried for her!as yet they dont know whats wrong with her.I feel so pleased i coped .Two months ago i would have had a real bad attack. All i can say is thanks citalopram,wish id got to know you sooner.......suzy x

Hello everyone, fingers crossed for a good tomorrow-have had a bout of ibs and taken buscopan as got too painful. Bit of a dodgy one today overall... Had the dizzies again. Sweet dreams. Actually I am having strangest dreams ever. Last night I dreamt that all my teeth fell out!?!

Oh hell yeah, the weird dreams! Definitely get those as well, Sara but I seem to remember those from last time I took them (a fair few years ago now)..

Well here I am day 28, sitting in bed with the laptop, and I have to say - feeling ok, little bit of anx when I first woke up but the day is looking good. Yet to take my meds but fingers crossed eh?

hi everyone, hope you continue to have a good day Bob, I had a headache all night and this morning felt like i have got a fever, i am thinking it could be dehydration as i don't think i drink enough, had 2 cups of tea and took meds this morning but still feel not with it. take care lucy

Page 28 of 79 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast

Thread Information