Thread: worse when sick??

worse when sick??

Hello. I had had a stomach bug and now have a cold and it seems to me that my ectopics are worse lately.... does anyone else get this? I have had a lot of stress also lately, but really seems worse with this cold , and its driving me mad...... i am so upset about it...

Re: worse when sick??

for the last 3 years, about 2 to 3 days before i get sick i start getting skipped beats - usually out of nowhere, it's VERY upsetting - as i think i'm a dead-man, and then sure enough 2 days later i show symptoms of the flu, a cold, or a stomach bug.

i think as we are very anxious people and hyper-attuned to our bodies slightest change - that when anything get's thrown out of order it manifests as palps.

while sick, i try to take it EXTREMELY easy - as i don't like the palp sensation (who does) and i am more prone to them while sick.

one thing i've been doing is 'allowing' myself palps - when i'm sick i'll say - okay i'm sick today, i'll allow myself 10 palps without worrying - and then i count them off (for me it's usually less)

same if i'm about to do something stressful - i'll allow myself 5 palps without getting too worried.

when you're sick your immune system is in overdrive, you feel like crap, and obviously you worry - i wouldn't take it too seriously. how many are you having?

Thread Information