Thread: After 40 years meds are to be stopped...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: After 40 years meds are to be stopped...

Hi Mel and ElizabethJane and thank you both for your replies,

Mel I thought the same too and after researching Temazepam it seems as if it's much stronger than the benzos I already take. Surely it would have been even harder to give them up eventually as I can't imagine he would have left me on them so I'm really confused about that one too. I did read that they make you very sleepy and can make you extremely over confident etc. so I'm glad he is letting me stay with the one that just calm me down enough to function normally. I hope that you sorted your repeat scrip out and that it was just an oversight with your GP? It's not pleasant being without this kind of medication when used to taking it so I'll be thinking of you, take care of yourself too, Jan.x

ElizabethJane, yes I'm sure now too that it's the right decision after such a long time. I do hope that your GP is supporting you while reducing Dothiepin and that you are feeling better soon. The symptoms sound very unpleasant and he/she will hopefully be monitering them? I'm so glad you have been able to learn some things from my posts and I'll be thinking of you while you are cutting down the meds and hope it's the right thing for you. Take care, Jan.x
    Last edited by budgiesinmyhair; 21-10-09 at 22:17. Reason: wrong name sorry

Thread Information