Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Swine Flu - PLEASE READ!

Re: Swine Flu - PLEASE READ!

Maddie

It is bad enough when one person is effected so with you all being poorly must be very difficult.

I hope you all make a very speedy recovery and sending a massive hug to you gal.

Love Lisa
    xx

I'm only replying to a thread here and not starting a new one! A question for Maddie: how does Tamiflu affect the absorbtion of lithium? I am on lithium too 1,000mg I am very interested as to why you cannot take Tamiflu whilst being on it? I hope you feel better soon. Well done for being so brave.

Heres something that made me feel better - according to wikipedia, out of every 1000 cases only 40 even need to go to hospital, and only one dies. So yeah its about the same as normal flu!

I wanna avoid getting it, but if I do I just plan to drink my body's weight in OJ (dont worry Im exaggerating lol) and get the antibiotic things from the doctor!

Quote Originally Posted by ElizabethJane View Post
    I'm only replying to a thread here and not starting a new one! A question for Maddie: how does Tamiflu affect the absorbtion of lithium? I am on lithium too 1,000mg I am very interested as to why you cannot take Tamiflu whilst being on it? I hope you feel better soon. Well done for being so brave.

My doctor said that I could have Tamiflu, but there was a slight risk of liver problems if I did, so I chose not to. Tamiflu does not kill the virus, it helps with the symptoms. From my experience versus the rest of the family, I would not say that they have greatly benefited from taking it. Bed rest, paracetamol and plenty of water seems to be just as effective. Do check with your own GP if in doubt - all our medical histories are different.

A friend who lives in a small village has swine flu. A reporter from the local paper actually knocked on his door to ask how bad he was. They have printed a story of the worst case only. I think it is noticeable how every TV report is now emphasising that swine flu is no worse than any flu. Ignore the scaremongers!

Please could we continue this through the special swine flu thread Nic has created. Thanks!

I have done nothing wrong!

Glad to see that the hype surrounding the condition has been overcome by medical information from the most reliable of sources; the WHO has been sampling influenza virus's of all kinds with the intention of subduing the inevitable spread of a global pandemic. Last year we thought it would be Avian flu spread by contact with chickens, especially in Southern Asia where they are allowed to part of the homestead. Now we have 'swine flu' which was centred on Mexico, but the actual incubation area cannot be actually defined, since it has appeared in different parts of the world in the same time period - the only difference is that in the UK it is midsummer and this gives much of the populace time for their immune systems to become stronger to deal with any wider epidemic in the Autumn months, tho it has to be remembered that many people die quite naturally at this time of our year, i.e. prior to the onset of winter. So agreed, let's keep the thread but miss out on the hysteria that accompanies the spread of any disease of this nature..... Stay well people.....Mystically yours... Stu-UK xxxx

good reply hun Its an anthother illness to add to the list of suffers and it obvious now that it is not actually dangerous to the healthy individual.
    it is less than flu and only people that are suffering from major illness that it will hit harder and that is none of us as we are suffing mental illnesses not physical xxxxx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so.

Sal,
    Just taking what is being said by the WHO and the lab where Prof Hugh Pennington - the foremost epidemiologist working within the NHS - have to report; as to those at risk - the usually vulnerable ppl with heart and repsiratory problems or diabetes,etc.... also the very young and pregnant women - otherwise it seems the mass populace don't have to be alarmed; the 'crunch' if it comes, will enter in with the coming of the usual 'influenza season - i.e. Oct to Mar, and by then most ppl will have been given their winter injection; this does not mean that any symptoms lasting more than a few days should be ignored; advice is available from NHS direct on the web or over the phone and the Tamifloo anti-virals are ready at the NHS collection points throughout England and Wales - can't speak for Scotland or Ireland, but sure they have their own set-ups in place now. Again thanks for supporting my response, Sal. Mystically yours.... Stu-UKxx
    Last edited by Mystical; 03-08-09 at 00:51. Reason: Updating the information!

I am just wondering.... are you guy's are getting vaccinated... here in Canada there is a lots of people who won't the vaccine in Canada is different to the State supposely!!!

Your so right hit the nail on the head the government need to give more resourses and funds into the health industry especially mental health. dont get me wrong im going through hell at the moment and the health profession are doing all they can to help people like me us but if the government got their heads screwed on and got out of the war head minds and poverty as this country and the world is comming to with the ressesion and focus more on mental health then we wouldnt be cooped up in all of this dont get me wrong the NHS are doing all they can but that isnt enough the government need to do more to support people like us we i as being part of the mental health system!

Billy Hunt

Quote Originally Posted by Pamii_Annii1285 View Post
    the swine flu is a load of tosh in a way.

I have health anxiety and managed (just) to go to the south of glasgow and paisley where it is most effected in scotland and guess what???

been a month now and i dont have it.......

really depends on your immune system, if ur about n got a cold ur more n likely to get it than if ur healthy.

I have learned from my social science's course that the media hypes things, we dont have to listen to the media 100% of the time.

the minute you show a symptom of the flu even if u think its normal flu get checked, if you dont then nothing to worry about .

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread Information