Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: a suggestion that has helped me....

Re: a suggestion that has helped me....

LOL I think I prefer bro to dude fwiw

ok, whatever Bro

Happy holidays to everyone

Merry Christmas and happy new Year to everyone

May everyone have an anxiety free holiday season!!!

Thanks my holidays were grand this season and fairly anxiety free. Hope everyone else fared well also

wow it's something else to read those words from myself a few years ago... I have continued to do well and working my TEA forms. I hope everything is going well for everyone else too.

Quote Originally Posted by HarStew View Post
    wow it's something else to read those words from myself a few years ago... I have continued to do well and working my TEA forms. I hope everything is going well for everyone else too.
    I know what you mean and isn't it great to have evidence to look back on and see how far we have come. I never expected to feel as good and energetic as I do now. I was always such a worrywart and never realized how much energy I expended just trying to not be miserable all the time. Silly as it sounds I have more energy now than I did as a teenager

thanks i'm ordering it now. I can't believe it's not on amazon.
    also, I have the Dr. Michelle Craske book too, which was good, but when you're scared and clueless with anxiety it's a little hard to digest in the beginning, as it opens with all the information about the symptoms in detail. I feel like a good book should get started in saying that yes, you're experiencing this, you won't die, they're tests to prove it, & then go on to giving you exercises to do & information on understanding things. Then in the end, after you're more comfortable and understanding and relaxed with everything, then mention detailed symptoms and such.

Quote Originally Posted by pjb View Post
    thanks i'm ordering it now. I can't believe it's not on amazon.
    also, I have the Dr. Michelle Craske book too, which was good, but when you're scared and clueless with anxiety it's a little hard to digest in the beginning, as it opens with all the information about the symptoms in detail. I feel like a good book should get started in saying that yes, you're experiencing this, you won't die, they're tests to prove it, & then go on to giving you exercises to do & information on understanding things. Then in the end, after you're more comfortable and understanding and relaxed with everything, then mention detailed symptoms and such.
    That's what I liked about the Obitz book, that it did not overwhelm me. It's what I call a friendly rather than overly technical book. I think the experts mean well but sometimes go into way too much detail too soon in their books. That is weird that they don't sell it on amazon. Craske wrote the forward for the Obitz book but it's short and sweet and not technical at all

I read that book a few years ago and found it a fantastic help. I second the recommendation. If I still had it I would pass it on to someone who wasn't able to find a copy however I gave it to my mum, she loved it too!

(can I just say I am in no way affiliated to the author lol, it's just come as such a surprise seeing the book mentioned, I hadn't thought about that book in such a long time now I remember how much I liked it, I may ask my mum if she still has it)

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread Information