Thread: Braint Tumor or anxiety?

Braint Tumor or anxiety?

Hey everyone.. I need a little positive reassurance...

Back in Feb. I started having weird symptoms when I was snowed in for a week in my dorm. I started to feel dizzy and out of it like depersonalization. This started me on fears of both vCJD and brain tumors. Since then on and off I have had all sorts of symptoms like:

seeing pink, blue, black and purple spots
    visual snow
    bright white sparks
    minor head 'twinges' all over, occasional headaches
    muscle twitches and fasciculations
    fatigue
    occasional fullness feeling in the ears
    occasional ringing in one or the other ear that last for maybe 10-20 seconds
    feeling week in the legs
    feeling uncoordinated
    muscle tension
    tight throat that makes me feel slightly nauseous
    dry tongue
    sort of nausea -- I have never actually thrown up but sometimes I get a feeling in my throat like I wretch for a moment... my stomach also feels indigested a lot... a lot of gas and tightness.

I have always been an extremely anxious person especially growing up and I have worried about health concerns before. The difference is now I seem to be afraid of the way the anxiety makes me feel. I just was at the doctor for a physical and she said that she is not too worried. Especially not about the things I was. She said it might be time to get a full eye exam and to get my blood done to check for thyroid issues (my dad had thyroid problems at my age). My aunt just did get diagnosed with several brain tumors and I do not have the symptoms she does. (she could not find her way to/from the grocery store, cant remember who she talked to an hour ago etc.)

Are what I listed above anxiety related? I dont have the symptoms when I feel particularly anxious they just come randomly at any time. Laying down helps relieve a lot of them. Like I said, I am wondering if these are common anxiety symptoms and is it possible to feel/experience them even when not consciously anxious about something?

Thanks to everyone here!

Re: Braint Tumor or anxiety?

hey,
    I just want to say, yes all those symptoms really can be anxiety.....i myself have had all of those at some point and have been anxiety related with me....and to be honest i have never been anxious when i have had 1 or more of these symptoms, its having the symptom that made me anxious!!! So this is where the vicious anxiety circle comes in!!!!
    Debs x

anxiety I say
    I know 2 people with brain tumours and you do not have the symptoms they did

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi

It sounds like anxiety. Also the fact your aunt has been diagnosed with the brain tumour is making you more anxious bout the fact you have one

mandie x

panicplus,

I have suffered from anxiety since I was at primary school and I'm now in my 30's.

I recognise all of your symptoms .... its pretty much how I feel most days!

As a health anxiety sufferer, I also have worried about both brain tumours and CJD. Sometimes even just the mention of them makes me feel awful!

However, I'm guessing that after 30 years of tests and examinations if there was something bad it would have been discovered or killed me by now!

Thanks everyone. Its just very annoying. Even today... I was walking around with some friends when the weird depersonalization thing happened... It feels like I am a little dizzy and like I am slow to react... sort of like being in a daze. But again... I was not consciously worrying about anything.... it just sort of springs up... does that happen with anyone else? I have felt this way -- sort of light headed when suffering from panic attacks but never "out of the blue."

The more positive reinforcement the better...

Thanks everyone.

Hi

My partner had a brain tumour and he had none of your symptoms.

Hi

Your symptoms you are having are exactly the same ones im having at the moment. My anxiety is bad although i have less worry than i did a few months ago. I just cant understand why im like this

mandie c

The tension most people get with stress I can live with... I just hate the stomach symptoms. Does anyone know if this is normal and what causes this? On and off I will get lots of gas in the stomach and have to use the bathroom more often than normal.

The low grade nausea is still there from time to time and so are the spots/sparks/snow as well as the head twinges.

Thread Information