Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone get anxious with IBS

Anyone get anxious with IBS

I mean you suddenly feel anxious before you go to the toilet then once you have been it most of the time calms down - anyone else get this? Its more physical anxiety im talking about instead of mental.

Re: Anyone get anxious with IBS

I get this and even can get a panic attack,then once i've been i feel fine lol.Crazy body!
    Ali xx

Im exactly the same.... strange isnt it xxx

Dahlia is offline Intermediate Member

I get that when I have eaten something that triggers off my IBS. If I eat onions, for example, I start by getting a really hot flush, then sweat, feel sick, get anxious and get stomach cramps - then I have to go to the loo for quite some time! I don't know if an adrenaline surge causes it or something. I also get it if I eat/drink anything with sulphites in it.

Wow, I've never heard of sulphite sensitivity before, I'll have to do some research... Thanks Dahlia!

Long sufferer of health anxiety but *shush* it's a secret! Adverse to meds.

"Getting information off the internet is like taking a drink from a fire hydrant" (Mitchell Kapor)

I feel sick and start to shake a bit before I go to the toilet, and I get so anxious that I'm not going to be able to go, or that something will go wrong and I'll be bleeding, or have piles, or someone will interrupt me...

Once I've gone, I am absolutely fine again.

Long sufferer of health anxiety but *shush* it's a secret! Adverse to meds.

"Getting information off the internet is like taking a drink from a fire hydrant" (Mitchell Kapor)

Dahlia is offline Intermediate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCatLady View Post
    Wow, I've never heard of sulphite sensitivity before, I'll have to do some research... Thanks Dahlia!

Unfortunately, it's in beer and wine! It's also in some soft drinks and some baked goods. And popcorn, weirdly lol.

It can trigger off an attack in asthmatics. But for me, I get the bad stomach/sweating/anxious feeling. My mum also gets the same symptoms, and she doesn't have anxiety.

I also steer clear of the artificial sweetener aspartame (which is in loads of drinks, and some sweets), as this gives me migraine, plus bad stomach/sweating/sick feeling/anxiety.

gosh.. i am new here and currently fighting a relapse with pa's and anxiety...searched the web before trying to find people with these problems you are all describing...to be honest thought i was a freak !!! i seem to bring on a pa if its n upset tummy, or theres no nearby toilet...so glad im not alone anymore x

Quote Originally Posted by uk23 View Post
    I mean you suddenly feel anxious before you go to the toilet then once you have been it most of the time calms down - anyone else get this? Its more physical anxiety im talking about instead of mental.

OMG am like this i thought it was just me

I keep thinking to myself (REALLY IS THIS IBS)
    i totally freak out when my bowels start to move as i hardly go the loo but am suffering really bad constipation all around my belly button down / around hips / lower back / contractions / sickly nausea feeling / bad trapped wind / lower back pain / feel hot or cold / nervous type belly feeling like i need to run the loo every 2 seconds but dont hardly go
    how ever did go the loo last night & this morning & still got all these pains

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information