Thread: Things will get better...they did for me!

Things will get better...they did for me!

Hi
    I haven't been on here in forever...just thought someone may be inspired by this. I am completely well!!! As well as a person with anxiety will ever be. Meaning , I still worry and fret about things too much sometimes. Do not ever give up! I thought I was going to be in a constant state of anxiety and panic forever! I woke up with anxiety and went to bed with it. I felt like my body was trembling inside all day long. I could'nt drive or even go out of my house about a year ago. I think part of my problem was weaning off of Ativan too fast. I now take no drugs whatsoever and plan to stay that way!! I think anyone can do this without medication and I feel that sometimes it causes many more problems than it helps. Good luck to everyone on here going through bad times...it will get better.

Re: Things will get better...they did for me!

Thanks for posting this jhz. It's great to hear success stories. Can you give us any hints as to how you manage to overcome your anxiety?

hi
    i did an anxiety and phobia workbook, i used a lot of positive self talk, i used meditation some. i think all of this helped but i also think the main thing was getting off of the medication. i know a lot of people will not agree with this but i think it was my main problem.

Hey jhz, would u mind u saying a little about how severe your anxiety was and the name of the workbook please? Even tho you may not want to revisit the anxiety that much which i wil understand Many thanks for this, i'm searching for ways to recover and especially people who already have so as to learn how they did it Al the best & thanku ..

hi
    i wont go into detail but my anxiety was extremely severe. one of the workbooks i used was, "Mind Over Mood", written by Dennis Greenberger and Chistine Padisky. i think they are all pretty good but this is the one i used. i dont know how severe your anxiety is but i hope you can get a grip on it. i am not on here much so if you want to message me i will give you my email. good luck

Hi jhz,

Brilliant positive post!!! Gives people hope.

May it continue.

Jo.xx

Thats brilliant jhz, so happy for you. Youve found your freedom! x

Thread Information