Page 17 of 51 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Citalopram survival guide

Re: Citalopram survival guide

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoPoet View Post
    Thanks all

I have been updating it with bits and bobs.

I'm following my own advice (for once) and although my problems are not fixed and I still have moments where I am down or anxious, I literally drag myself through it.
    thanks so much for your positivr storey. im on day 7 ,side effects' waking at 2am not bein able to go back to sleep headaches fuzziness i was supposed to up my dose today but was to scared u made me feel better about it so IM GONNA DO IT TOMORROW. i have 3 kids who need me to get better and im goin too .everybody should post positive things. although im exhausted iv had a good day and im not gonna stress tonight like iv been doin for so long i will make it

Excellent and thank you for all the work it has helped me to understand far more

Hi, thanks for the nice guide about these meds. I was also prescribed citalopram, and after 2 weeks of taking I not-intentionally combined it with tonic water. The quinine in it reacts very drastically with SSRIs although this is not that well known. I had to immediately stop taking meds and now still suffering from drastical withdrawal symptoms. So you should update your guide for future patients to know to not combine this stuff.
    Thanks and Take care

Fab - I've never come across something so informative and helpful. I will be coming back to it on my road to recovery from my anxiety/depression. Thumbs up!

Quote Originally Posted by Acer View Post
    Hi, thanks for the nice guide about these meds. I was also prescribed citalopram, and after 2 weeks of taking I not-intentionally combined it with tonic water. The quinine in it reacts very drastically with SSRIs although this is not that well known. I had to immediately stop taking meds and now still suffering from drastical withdrawal symptoms. So you should update your guide for future patients to know to not combine this stuff.
    Thanks and Take care

What were your side effects after drinking Tonic water ? Ive drunk it as its good for restless leg syndrome ,and never had any problems .I ve searched on line and have been unable to find anything on this .Maybe you were just having bad side effects from the Citalopram ,I really would not of thought the tiny ammount of quinine in Tonic water would do any harm .Unless you are allergic to it . Sue

Thank you for an excellently presented and useful guide not just to Citalopram but also depression in general. I've posted a link to it on another website thread for SF fans who also struggle with mood disorders. I think they'll enjoy reading it what with all those SF and games references.

And not only that but the last post here gives me an idea to help with the restless legs!!

I took Citalopram for several years and it worked very well for a time and then began to fail no matter which does we tried and I was switched to another treatment (Sertaline). I also finally managed to get a course of Psychoanalysis through the NHS and thanks to the two combined I am finally improving after over a decade of difficulties.

thankyou for writing this

Thanks for the feedback everyone, I am very pleased this Guide has been so useful and I'm immensely proud of it.

Over the last few months I've learned so much about citalopram and my own physical/emotional responses to taking it, and I am now coming off the medication altogether as I finally feel strong enough to face life without it.

The Guide will be updated again, particularly the "coming off cit" and "discontinuation effects" sections, but I am currently going through a lot with a pending court case (I'm suing a car dealership) and I am sifting through paperwork to book myself cut-price therapy courtesy of Anxiety UK. I have some money worries as well. It's tough at the moment, especially with the minor discontinuation effects to deal with on top of everything else, but I shall prevail.

Take care everyone and keep on going -- I am recovering, I am putting my life back together, and if I (a lazy and demotivated sod) can do it, so can you.

What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I drew the line between hope and despair, and the line will hold.

"Forth now, and fear no darkness!"

what a brilliant thread...answered all the questions I have. Been taking Cit for the last month and have felt fantastic for the last couple of weeks but last day or so have had a blip and read your comments on that... I don't feel so bad now and have to accept it as part of the course.. I will get there.

Thanks again
    Helen x

A great post - many thanks PyschoPoet. I have been through quite a few bouts of depression over the last few years and always just depended on meds. About to start citalopram again and realise that some therapy is required in tandem with this too. Have been feeling so low but reading this I know feel a bit positive about the future. Also never heard of Inositol and now tempted to start taking this too.

Thanks again
    slowfish

Page 17 of 51 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread Information