Thread: My Amitriptyline Withdrawal

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: My Amitriptyline Withdrawal

Not such a good week last week! I took my last 1/2 tablet on Friday then felt ok so skipped my plan to go every other day. It would seem either a) these drugs are a bit more powerful than I gave them credit for or b) I still really need them after all. The last week was pretty bad, panic attacks, anxiety, palps, chest pains, dizzyness, irritable the whole lot ... I tried to stick it out but it just felt so unatural and "not me" to be like that after so many months of relative calm, I finally succumed last night (Sunday) and took half a tablet & I already feel so much better.

It's wierd, I feel quite demoralised by my attempt to come off the Amitrip even though I am no worse off than my original plan to go 1/2 tab every two days. It seems I tried too quickly despite the low dose I am on. Not sure what I'll do from here on. Either go back to 5mg a day for a few weeks then try again or go 5mg every other day from now, guess I'll just see how I go.

My main issue is was my bad feelings withdrawal or was it the anxiety & panic that hte tabs were correcting? More confused than ever but at least the physical symptoms have subsided!

Thanks for posting this.

I have 10mg a day for pain-related issues and am wondering if I should stop when my packet runs out. Keep us posted, ta.

I took another 1/2 tab (5mg) last night and feel pretty much back where I was so think I will carry on like this for a few weeks then have another go at coming off, but much more slowly next time.

This is just my experience of course but perhaps get your next packet before you stop taking them, just so you have some in reserve and my advise would be to wean off very slowly, but that said everyone's different ... Good luck & let me know how you get on.

Thread Information