Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: scary morning with ectopics

Re: scary morning with ectopics

its terrible aint it i thoght it was the right thing buying it but i know now it was silly and has made me worse. ive only checked my bp twice today at first i was taking it every 5 mins i even got my kids asking to hav ago...... not good

a life lived in fear is a life half lived

I suppose it is the right thing to buy one if your mind set is different to mine. For me it was the worse thing that I could have done. The next worse thing was buying a blood sugar test kit.
    The next best thing was to just stop using them..!!!
    Unless the doctor says that you have a need (like being a diabetic for example) to test yourself on a regular basis I would thoroughly recommend staying away completely from these sort of kits.
    To me all they do is to re-enforce certain behaviours and actually compound the problem of anxiety rather than resolve or reduce it. They establish another type of self checking which then seems to make the body be too conscious of other things going on that lots of other people simply dismiss.

I too had the blood pressure monitor almost permanently attached to my arm! even if my bp was fine which it usually was unless i was on a stressy fit about something i would still have the uncontrollable urge to check it again 5 mins after and on it would go,my poor hubby was going mad,after a while I read somewhere about allergic reactions and then I forgot about me bp monitor and was checking every lable on all the food I was buying!! mostly for nut allergy but i have never had nut allergy in my life,thankfully it has all subsided a bit,apart from the last couple days of on and off ectopics,am trying to remain calm as i stressed about them in work last sat and was so on edge they went mad(the ectopics) i came home and went to bed ,i hate them

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information