Thread: Ectopic beats, with SLIGHT chest pain...

Ectopic beats, with SLIGHT chest pain...

Okay, now, I'm trying to stay calm here .... this is crazy. I've already taken a xanax ... now, a little while ago (it's now 5:35 A.M. - EST) I went to bed, basically a normal day and night. I've had terrible anxiety lately, well, I've had anxiety since I was 20, but lately it's been worse, we are under a lot of financial stress right now. I am also dealing with a stressed relationship at the same time so this is not to good. Okay, well, I havent' had the ectopic heart skips now in a few years, NOT LIKE TONIGHT. This all started for me back in 1992, out of nowhere, when one morning just laying there in bed before getting up, I felt this weird feeling in my chest, and it felt as though my heart had stopped,...well, as you can imagine, I immediately sat up and I guess my adrenaline kicked in because all of a sudden there was this big huge heart beat, almost like it jump started my heart. That was the beginning of this insanity, and it scared the hell out of me. Now, at that time, this continued to happen on and off, until finally one day I went to the ER, they did an EKG for about 6 hrs...with me just laying there....and they said they couldnt' see anything! UGH! Now, since then, I haven't had to do that again .........

So, tonight, I went to bed, laid on my back and within maybe, 20 minutes this started. I coudln't fall asleep in the first place, just to stressed out I guess..... when all of a sudden WHAM! Here we go! I felt that sudden "drop in pressure" in your chest, as though your heart stopped, and I sat up ...oh boy, my old familiar "friend" was back. It made me feel a bit queasy as well, anyone else get that? But, I told myself to relax and just lay back down, and try to sleep. NO SUCH LUCK! It seems that once this gets going.....it takes a while for it to subside. So, I TRIED to lay on my right side this time, propped up on pillows, and sleep. HA! That was not going to happen! Because NOW, it did it again, and again.....it kept stopping, pausing, whatever you call it .......... I could feel that sudden rush of lightheadedness, like you're not getting enough oxygen to your brain ......... then, I started to get this sort of "pain" in my middle chest, but more over the the left, actually, it was sort of on my left breast.....weird. It bothered me, so I started to sort of press in on it a bit, so now of course, it's a bit sore ..... I also started to feel this weird feeling, almost like a "tingle" feeling up around my left jaw ... now, I have read enough about heart things, to have read that if you're having a heart attack it can go to your jaw...........yet, I've also read on many anxiety sites, that that can ALSO happen with anxiety! So, I got up, paced around for a bit, took a xanax.....and here I am. There is no more chest pain, and it wasn't bad to begin with either...it didn't go down my left arm.
    I have a feeling it's anxiety, but oh man, that was scary!

Maybe I just need to vent, maybe I need to know that other people out there have experienced it this way...........have you ever gotten SLIGHT chest pains with it, or feelings up around your jaw? Very slight! Again, that only last a few minutes. As I sit here right now, I'm feeling better, thank God...adn no more heart skips ..... I refuse to just go crazy and panic and run to the ER immediately .... I've done that so many times.

I would so appreciate any feedback here ..... thank you all for listening....

People will forget what you said
    People will forget what you did
    But people will never forget how you made them feel

Re: Ectopic beats, with SLIGHT chest pain...

I have had sharp fleeting pain with ectopics. BUT I stress it is fleeting. I mentioned it to the cardiologist and he said that because I had had an Echo ultrasound, ECG (aka EKG in the U.S.), and 7 day portable ECG monitor, he thought the pain was muscular in origin from the chest wall.

I sometimes get a brief muscular type spasm in the middle of my chest along with the ectopics. But it usually lasts a matter of 5 or so seconds.

I'm generally a very tense person, so I guess that doesn't help. I'm told that slim people feel the thud/kick after the ectopics more; and those with poor posture. Both applies to me.

This is just my own experience. I hate all these odd and very uncomfortable sensations. And how unpredictable it all is...

All the best, and take care,
    NattyOne.

Thread Information