Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 24 hour heart monitor

Re: 24 hour heart monitor

As I understand it a holter monitor records all activity. I had one where you didn't have to press anything. I didn't feel ANY missed beats during the 24 hours but my gp said it recorded some (didn't say how many, just that they were nothing to worry about). Annoying when I have days when I feel hundreds of them, but happened to have the monitor on a 'good' day. I asked about this and he suggested that a serious arrythmia doesn't come and go and if it didn't show up in 24 hours it wasn't serious.

An event monitor usually just records when you press the button - for say 30 seconds. There are other ones however, which are continually recording and erasing data, and when you press a button it stops and records what happened just before and after you pressed. This explains different types of monitor:

http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/heal...olt/types.html

hi mishel
    it is one that records all the heartbeats and everything the heart does for 24 hours thats what they told me.xxx
    they told me to press the button whan i get ectopics so when they look at the results they can see the time i pushed the button and it records it.

then when they check the results they can investigate the ectopis instead of the parts when my heart was beating normallyxx

a life lived in fear is a life half lived

Oh ok that makes more sense, I have heard they often ask you to write down what you were doing and times etc... with me they just put it on and told me to come back the next day
    OO that does sound more fancy with the button, I think the computer just decides whats abnormal and prints it out when it came to the one I had done.

saab something you said has really helped me like you i suffer with ectopic beats sometimes i get hundereds a day well i used to.
    i still get them but not as much thankgod.

i went through a really dark period where they were scaring me really really bad. some days i would sit on the sofa terrified even to move.
    that was before i got my laptop and found this web site purley by mistake googling everything i could bout ectopics.
    horrible the feeling that your going through it all alone.......... oops sorry back to the point.

the thing you have helped me with is what you said bout what the doc said bout the serious arrythmia that it wouldent come and go thanks for that i have never been told that and knowing that helps some as mine comes and goes.

mishel it does sound fancy lolxxx
    but really really itchy i couldent wait to get the damn thing of the next day i just wanted to scratch.
    im still waiting to hear something anything i did get a some ectopics so im just waiting now for some newsxxxxxxx

a life lived in fear is a life half lived

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information