Thread: Not well

Not well

Hi all xx
    Well to top everything I now have a cold[xx(]
    My throat is so swollen it hurts when I swallow, this is making me anxious because the last time my throat felt like that I had tonsillitus(sp?)
    So now I'm panicking and worrying wether it is something more than just a cold?????
    I'm really worried and don't know what to do.
    Luv Lauraxx:(

Laura mate if its that sore I would pop along to the doctors.

Wrap up warm as its cold out there.

Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
    "Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Well thanks for your advice piglet xx
    I rung my doctors and I'm fuming:( they are fully booked today so I asked to book an appointment for tomorrow and she said I have to ring them tomorrow at 12 and even then they could be fully booked:(
    It's bad enough that I'm panicked about going to see a doctor and it was a big step for me to even ring them but now I feel worse!!
    Rant over
    Laura

i no how u feel when we have bad anxiety and we get a cold or something it seems much worse than it is .i have had tonsilitis many times and it clears up in about 3 days.it does sound as though you just have a sore throat .probably made worse by you tensing up.sorry about docs its a pain when you cant get an appointment.im going through a bit of a hard time myself worrying about my health so i no what your going through.hope you feel better soon take care marcia xx

marcia lowe

Thankyou marcia, yes you are probably right but it is the not knowing what is actually wrong with me that makes me worry.
    If I could just get to the doctors then my mind will be at rest because I will know what is wrong with me. The last time I had tonsillitus it lasted 3 weeks and was horrible.
    I just hope I can get an appointment tomorrow at the doctors:(
    Thanks for ur reply it is nice coming on here and knowing I'm not the only one going through this.
    Lauraxx

sorry laura for some reason posted reply twice i no how it is when youneed reasurance sometimes the docs is the only 1 who can give it to you .fone the docs bac and say could they fone you if an appointment becomes free ask them to call you.i no its hard all this blooming worrying i cant stand it .it seems to take over your life.but i no it can be beaten i have came through this before and was free for years but a few things happened and hear i am again.i hope all this helps you take care marcia

marcia lowe

It's such a pain when you can't get in at the doctors - luckily at our surgery they also operate an open surgery as well as appts where you can see the duty nurse.

Shame they are not all run like that then you would no you can definately be seen the same day.

For now though have you got any honey in the house as this in a hot lemon drink will help to coat your throat a little.

Piglet xx

I have a cold too and sore throat but I am aware that you can't cure the common cold so will have to sit it out I guess.

I get no sympathy at work and they expect you to go in so I am going to sneeze all over them and hope they all suffer too. Aren't I evil lol.

My throat is bad too but it will go in a few days so no point seeing doc as he will say it is a cold.

To see any doctor at my surgery is at least a week before you can get in. They would frown if I went in on emergency with a cold so have to sit it out I guess.

Hope yours gets better soon.

Nicola

Hi Laura, how are you feeling this morning?

Hope you are getting better[^]

Take Care

Chucklehound

xxxx

Thread Information