Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A relapse!

Re: A relapse!

Had a good night last night...slept all night and didn't have any symptoms at all!! Strange. These symptoms have been with me for months and months. Yet, last night the pain that had been in my right side for over two years slipped over to the left side and then disappeared! The pain in my back went and my side pain was very distant.

Unfortunately, i have coldy symptoms today but my pain is hardly there at all. Maybe it IS anxiety after all!!

Tried to get my x-ray results yesterday but they are not back yet. Suppose that's a good sign that it's been a week and they are not back. If there was any indication of any problems they'd have it shipped through a lot quicker i guess.

Well, i feel a little rough tonight so i think i'll try for an early night.

Hi Acid,
    Just wondering if the 40 year old mark has made HA worse for you...?
    Certainly I feel it has for myself because I never had any of this 10 years ago and it concerns me that if it's age related will it continue getting worse?
    What are your thoughts, or am I worrying for the sake of worrying....?

Hey Happy...

Not sure whether hitting 40 has made the HA worse. I had it bad a few years ago and, to be fair, have always been a bit of a worrier. It just seems that since i've hit 40 i've had more physically wrong with me. As i've said recently, i have the degenerative neck disorder and am now on my second bout of CSR since last June. Maybe i'm more worried about my eye than i'm letting myself know about and am channeling that worry into random things. Not sure... i feel my symptoms are strange and i can't relate them to my HA but i'm also sure that they ARE HA as my symptoms keep moving about. I suspect that you have a combination of things going a bit topsy-turvy and your HA kicking in - i don't think it's a "I'm 40 - lets freak out" thing!

Take tonight, for example. Tonight i have what seems like a massive lump in my throat, my tendons or lymph nodes down my neck hurt right down to the collar bone,the glands under my chin feel swollen to me (my wife had a feel last week and said they felt normal), i have indegestion (probably the hot chilli i had for tea, though). When i lay down to go to sleep i get hot and prickly, my heart pounds and it feels like the lump in my throat is bearing down on my windpipe. If i get up again, i feel a little better. I have felt a smidge better over the last few days, hence the lack of posts but today was a stressful day so that's probably not helped.

So, yet again i'm sat here thinking... "cancer? lymph cancers? tumours? thyroid? bubonic plague? being slowly eaten from the inside out by care bears?". Well, maybe not the last two but they are just as feasible in my head as the first four!

Even after all these years, i still can't get to grips with the fact that HA gives you real and physical symptoms. I tried explaining to the wife tonight that i don't start panicking until i feel a symptom (and not the other way round as my wife thinks it is - "you panic and it creates the symptom"). Although she tries, bless her, she just doesn't get it. I don't blame her - any "normal person" (read this as "a person without HA" and not an insult!) doesn't worry about things that a HA sufferer does so wouldn't understand it, would they? I mean, even doctors get a little exasperated when we walk through the door... AGAIN!

Talking of doctors, it's been 11 days since my x-ray was taken and the doctors haven't contacted me in a blind panic saying "FOR GOD'S SAKE... GET YOURSELF IN HERE NOW.... WE'VE GOT TO DO SOMETHING TO SAVE YOU!". Thankfully. In honesty, i'm sure that they would have contacted me if they spotted anything untoward in the x-ray (although they scanned my thoracic spine so i don't know whether they'll capture my throat region). Maybe i'll get the doc to have a good rummage around my gullet when i go back for the results on Monday.

Right, that's all for now. I'm off to try and divert my thoughts untill i can't stay awake anymore!

So... yet again I am up with the dreaded lump in the throat thing. Its getting beyond a joke now. I had a couple of days of feeling good and its back again. I phoned the doctors yesterday to see if they had my x-ray results and they still don't. I asked if that was a good or bad thing and I was advised that's if there were any issues then I would have heard quite quickly. So, that's good and its eased my worry a little but I still feel rubbish. Oh well... doctors on Monday. Ill get her to check it out!

You know, I've had a lot of the symptoms you are describing. Just this fall I felt like I had a constant cold, but I never actually felt sick ... just occasional congestion and very often a sore throat. It turned out I had indoor allergies to dust and my cat. It took me 4 months to figure that out once I got the courage to go to the doc.

I also get the pain around the xyphoid process, I never knew anybody else who did! I attributed it to muscle pain, I get a lot of tension in my back and shoulders and sometimes it spreads to the front of my chest .. sometimes even to the top of my stomach, and I get similar feelings to those burning ones you are describing.

And to finish it, I am currently nervous about a lymph node too. I'm seeing a doc tomorrow. Mine is about grape size, maybe a little smaller but in the groin area.

Anyway, I'm not a doctor, but I really don't think you ought to be too worried. It's crazy the symptoms that this HA can bring on and really and truly make you feel sick. I hope you feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by swgrl09 View Post
    You know, I've had a lot of the symptoms you are describing. Just this fall I felt like I had a constant cold, but I never actually felt sick ... just occasional congestion and very often a sore throat. It turned out I had indoor allergies to dust and my cat. It took me 4 months to figure that out once I got the courage to go to the doc.

I also get the pain around the xyphoid process, I never knew anybody else who did! I attributed it to muscle pain, I get a lot of tension in my back and shoulders and sometimes it spreads to the front of my chest .. sometimes even to the top of my stomach, and I get similar feelings to those burning ones you are describing.

And to finish it, I am currently nervous about a lymph node too. I'm seeing a doc tomorrow. Mine is about grape size, maybe a little smaller but in the groin area.

Anyway, I'm not a doctor, but I really don't think you ought to be too worried. It's crazy the symptoms that this HA can bring on and really and truly make you feel sick. I hope you feel better.
    Blimey... are we twins?! I don't know of anyone with the xiphoid symptoms either. You sound like you had exactly what i'm going through.
    That helps me a little.

You may be onto something with the allergies. I am mildly intollerant to fruits but it may be that i've suddenly got an intollerance to something else. My wife mentioned allergies the other day so you may be right.
    Yes... i know i've got nothing to worry about. That's the ball breaker, right there... i know, and yet i still do worry! I need to live my life because it makes me grumpy and a little bit snappy so it's no fun for anyone around me.

I'm feeling quite rough again today. A cold without the cold symptoms! Chesty, achy, dry throat, pain in ribs, eyes feel puffy, sinus area feels full but no runny nose - y'know... the usual!

And as for your lymph node... my groin ones feel like that so i say "right back atcha".... worry not. You will be fine. Good luck today. Tell me how it goes.

Well, i had the results of my x-ray last night.... nothing found. At all. No bone problems, no internal organ problems... nothing. The doctor thinks that the xiphoid process has been damaged and it has affected the nerves there so there's nothing more she can do. She has put me on antibiotics for my sinus issues. Once i've finished those then i move onto and indegestion tablet (omeprazole ?) and she has also put me on a second lot of blood pressure tablets as my reading is still high. I have to have a blood test to make sure my kidneys are up to taking the tablet as it is a diuretic. I have to go back in 5-6 weeks to check how the indegestion and BP tablets are doing.

So, it's another pain i have to live with - just the perils of getting older i suppose!

My anxiety has calmed down somewhat since the docs (and a chat with the wife). I also bought a book for the kindle... Overcoming Health Anxiety by Rob Willson and David Yeale. It's definitely helping me so i would recommend it. My anxiety comes in waves and i get really bad moments that last weeks. It looks like this was one of those moments!

Anyway... we shall see what the future holds in store for me. Keep watching the skies!

Hi Acid, glad you are doing a bit better now and that you at least have some answers and a plan of action from the docs. I think it's the constant wondering what's wrong that messes with my head! Defo gonna try that book... thanks for recommending. Good luck.

Hey, I am glad everything is working out for you! Sorry for the late response, but glad the x-ray went well, a nice weight off your shoulders. My lymph node was a benign one acting up due to muscle sprains in the area, still there, but the struggle for me is to stop touching it! hah, easier said than done.

That also sounds like a great book, maybe I'll look into it.

Thank you for your support guys. Unfortunately, today is another bad day - convinced my glands by my collarbone are swollen and getting a rushing sensation around my neck and shoulders if I touch them. Also
    the antibiotics don't seem to have made my sinuses any better and I keep getting sore throats and colds. You'd think that after the X-ray and bloods I'd be satisfied but I'm convinced some sort of lymphoma has been missed. I hear that standard blood tests can't detect it but I also know that I would have some sort of dodgy reading on the bloods if there was something going on in my body. It does seem that the constant niggling is what gets you, isn't it? Oh well, I'm going away for a long weekend today. Lets see if I can forget about it for a while and see what occurs from that!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information