Thread: BDD

BDD

are there any suffers of bdd? on top of my anxiety, i suffer this too.. since i had my son 9 months ago, i lost every single ounce of self asteem. to the point i dont want to go anywhere.. everyone tells me im back to my usual size..but i dont see this..i am a size 10 with my clothes but when i see myself..i see someone alot larger.. ive come to hate my appearence..and im always comparing myself to everyone else.. i cant any support for this any where.. ive never met anyone else who has this..and no one that i know, knows i have this problem..when it comes to going places, like shops, peoples houses...i try to get out of it because im convinced in my head people are putting me down or talking about me. i hate everything about myself..i spend larges amount of time in the mirror finding fault with myself.. i hate going out with my husband as i feel a total mess and scared people are laughing at me.. he cant understand what im trying to explain to him..

Re: BDD

hi hun, i hope you're doing ok. i just wanted to let you know you're not alone, i also have BDD, and although i have a very different lifestyle to yours, i relate to your post. i have anxiety and OCD aswell but the BDD has always been distinctly seperate and when i'm having a bad time i really struggle to leave the house at all. there are others out there with this aswell who will totally understand, but feel free to PM me if you want to chat.

lots of love to you and take care xxx

Re: BDD

Hi there I too suffer with this and also have OCD and anxiety. Mine fluctuates and some days worse then others but totally relate with you about the critical self image you explain.There have been times where I feel this self disgust and hard to go out and face things. You are not alone and it is more common then we realise, it is also very closely linked up to OCD and anxiety issues. If you need a chat about it do not hesitate to message me. I understand...my best wishes Ellie

Thread Information