Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: CBT/The Obitz book/tea forms

Re: CBT/The Obitz book/tea forms

Quote Originally Posted by cece View Post
    That's one of the side effects of feeling better.... Becoming so busy with our lives that we neglect to post here and help others. Don't feel guilty though as we all go through it.
    Amen to that! It sure beats the alternative but it feels good to check in at a place like this and help others too. I am going to try and do a better job this year than I have recently at helping others on here get where i am today

Post Re: CBT/The Obitz book/tea forms

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal View Post
    I bought my copy over the internet on the author's website's they shipped it via first class mail. I'm in Hawaii but I think they said they ship everywhere.
    Just ordered it to come to the UK & it was £13.42..... you can pay by paypal, much cheaper then the ones on amazon that were used and over £30! Fingers crossed it works xx

what are tea forms etc as against cbt

Joy

Quote Originally Posted by bobbydazzler View Post
    Just ordered it to come to the UK & it was £13.42..... you can pay by paypal, much cheaper then the ones on amazon that were used and over £30! Fingers crossed it works xx
    Let me know if you have any questions bobbydazzler as I would be happy to help if I can. The TEA forms are great but you have to do them daily to get the most out of them.

---------- Post added at 17:15 ---------- Previous post was at 17:11 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by joy View Post
    what are tea forms etc as against cbt

Joy
    Hi Joy,

The TEA forms are just a simple and effective exercise that are the main exercise in CBT treatment. They were popularized in the book by Sam Obitz and Michelle Craske.

That's one of the side effects of feeling better.... Becoming so busy with our lives that we neglect to post here and help others. Don't feel guilty though as we all go through it.
    That's a side-effect I can live with lol.
    Seriously, I am still going to try and kep checking in here and offering whatever support I can to others

bought from america to uk and read befor getting my therapist appointment says alot! read the book in one go was really good gives you a good insight into the tea forms and how they can be used easly with each day and bad thought. gotta still use the tea forms yet..... but after reading the book has made me more positive about trying it.

Quote Originally Posted by uklad View Post
    bought from america to uk and read befor getting my therapist appointment says alot! read the book in one go was really good gives you a good insight into the tea forms and how they can be used easly with each day and bad thought. gotta still use the tea forms yet..... but after reading the book has made me more positive about trying it.
    Ironically I just sent you a note on another thread five minutes ago, inquiring as to how you were doing with the TEA forms. So glad you got the book (did it make it to the UK quickly or not?) and found it encouraging. The TEA forms are great once you get the hang of doing them but well worth the early struggles
    Just remember they don't have to be done "perfectly" to work well and you will get better at doing them with daily practice

Ironically I just sent you a note on another thread five minutes ago, inquiring as to how you were doing with the TEA forms. So glad you got the book (did it make it to the UK quickly or not?) and found it encouraging. The TEA forms are great once you get the hang of doing them but well worth the early struggles
    Just remember they don't have to be done "perfectly" to work well and you will get better at doing them with daily practice
    it arrived in just over a week roughly which is quick i think from america, the book is a good eye opener into tea forms, gonna try the counter method mention in the book with the tea forms seems a good way of keeping record for the forms. been using the tea technique in my head and already been helping abit gonna start writeing it down soon. how long you done them for ? seem much different to befor you started doing them?

Quote Originally Posted by uklad View Post
    it arrived in just over a week roughly which is quick i think from america, the book is a good eye opener into tea forms, gonna try the counter method mention in the book with the tea forms seems a good way of keeping record for the forms. been using the tea technique in my head and already been helping abit gonna start writeing it down soon. how long you done them for ? seem much different to befor you started doing them?
    I used both counter exercises in the book as well and they were complimentary to the work with my TEA forms. I think you will notice even greater improvement once you begin writing them down. Obitz warns that although it is okay to do them in your head, it's the writing them down and countering them that provides lasting and deeper relief. I started using the TEA forms over five years ago now. I don't even resemble the worrywart I used to be when I first learned them anymore. I can honestly say that all the effort I put into the exercises and my personal growth have paid huge dividends in every area of my life today
    It's hard work but I am pretty sure if you put the effort in you will achieve similar success

Hey UKLAD,
    I just wanted to roust you and see how you are doing with life and the TEA forms?
    I hope they are having a positive effect on you

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread Information