Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So stressed going to Doctor about blood on toilet paper.

Re: So stressed going to Doctor about blood on toilet paper.

So my hubby had precancerous cells during a colonoscopy and he is only 36 so yes, it does happen, BUT - he went for a colonoscopy because he has had crazy amount of issues - not talking just a bit of blood - if he hadn't had something wrong I'd have been shocked. So, of your only issue is the blood, trust me there is still hope, and if it is colon cancer, take heart in that it takes about ten years to fully develop I to cancer, and the pre cancer, once it is removed for biopsy, it is gone! It is highly treatable if caught early, and if this is your first symptom and you are under 40, IF you do have cancer it is likely to be early on and you will be fine.

Thanks UKmamainUS ... I'm sorry to hear about your husband but it sounds like he is fine? What were his symptoms ... I heard bowel cancer doesn't really have symptoms that's why you need screening ....

He is fine thanks. I was more shaken by it than he was and he is clear now. He has had blood in his stool fir a long time, going to the bathroom would take him almost an hour, there were really loud of little things that just added up to it not seeking quite right. Eventually he actually went in because he had really bad diverticulitis and they always have you get a colonoscopy after because the two share done common symptoms. I'm glad he got it.

But back to what I said, even if you have something, since you are so young it will likely be early stages and completely treatable. That said, my money is on the hemorrhoids being the cause of your bleeding.

Thanks again UKmamainUS for the reassurances. I am going to try and stay calm for now. I still don't know when my appointment will be.

Anyone else who had bleeding (not necessarily bright bright red) gone for a colonoscopy but turned out to be ok?

Thanks again guys. This forum has been helpful. I've tried to stay away the last month but came back here cos I started coming undone again with this issue :(

Hi Dee, just checking in to see how it went. I'm sorry it seems like the doctor wasn't able to reassure you and has sent you for a colonoscopy. It's good though that she is covering her bases and not just sending you on your way if she is not 100% sure.

Listen to UKmamainUS. Colonoscopies catch things early, so it is a good thing they are doing them. I haven't had one, but from what I've heard, often if they see something precancerous they just pluck it out and send you on your way. But that's even IF there is something, which there is a large chance there is not.

Try to just take it one day at a time, as there is a lot you don't know. Let us know when you get your appt.

Everyone gets blood on their toilet paper from time to time, I really don't think you have anything to worry about!

This is so easy for me to say but try and stay calm , if she was worried she's have sent you ASAP not just wait for an appointment they have to see you in 2 weeks . It's positive she couldn't feel anything and sometimes if the blood has a brown tinge it's because it's a bit slower flowing you'll be fine , just imagine how happy you'll be when you get the all clear xx

Hi everyone, I just got a call today with an appointment for 2 weeks time. Your words are very reassuring and I can see all the common sense in it.

I'm just so worried they will find something - like something that's been in there and it's too late. I don't know I'm in cold sweat just thinking about it. I broke out in cold sweat the moment I got the call.

I hope you are all right and it's just hemmies but I'm so so scared. Thanks again everyone.

Hi!

How did it go?

Any updates?

This thread is from 2014. The OP was logged on the end of May of this year so I would safely assume all is well.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information