Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fat in stools + diabetes = pancreatic cancer?

Re: Fat in stools + diabetes = pancreatic cancer?

Yup 4 weeks is normal now in the UK.

Good luck tomorrow.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Right now, I'm more concerned about symptoms than anxiety issues - until this sprung up I was quite happy to be going, I even have my course notes with me.

But this seems to have rendered it all pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Right now, I'm more concerned about symptoms than anxiety issues - until this sprung up I was quite happy to be going, I even have my course notes with me.

But this seems to have rendered it all pointless.
    See my previous post.

Anxiety can be sneaky. It doesn't want you to get better. It's not being nasty, it thinks it has your best interests at heart, but it's your brain's defence mechanism gone haywire. It thinks you need to be hyper-alert to danger, even when none exists.

At the 11th hour it's thrown the thought into your head 'Hey, your poo looks a bit weird. Why not Google that? Pancreatic cancer, huh? Well don't worry about your silly old anxiety, you have better things to worry about, eh?'.

But it's a lie! Don't let the anxiety win. Your therapy will help you deal with these situations next time.

You, in all likelihood, don't have pancreatic cancer. You do have crippling anxiety and depression. They are not illnesses to take lightly. Look after yourself and go to the appointment.

I've had depression for many years now, and the health anxiety comes and goes over the years. I've even had CBT in the past for it and recently I have started to struggle again.

But this is by far the scariest one - it fits current symptoms and health issues, and after all the years of "have I got this?" my family now ignore me. And I'm terrified that I've cried wolf once too often and now... my worst nightmare is about to come true.

Right now, all I want is to be at home, in bed, with my teddy bears and a sleeping pill. Because then I will be asleep and hopefully in no state to worry.

Did you not look at the other reasons for your concerns apart from cancer. I had a quick look and didn't even find cancer mentioned in the first few hits.

Your HA has decided to allow you to believe you have cancer and you need help with treating that.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

This is true - there are numerous causes of what I'm seeing in my poo, but it's the idea that I have worsened HBa1c readings recently, a diabetes nurse that put the fear of God into me the last time I saw her and to me at least, it points to my pancreas failing with cancer the most likely outcome...

A sleeping tablet worked well last night. I went to the course today - by coincidence it dealt with worry, both hypothetical and practical. Setting aside thoughts until my "worry time" (and when/where that should be) is going to be incredibly difficult, and one of the therapists took me to one side to discuss future needs. I'll get a fortnight's practice at this as there's no session next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    A sleeping tablet worked well last night. I went to the course today - by coincidence it dealt with worry, both hypothetical and practical. Setting aside thoughts until my "worry time" (and when/where that should be) is going to be incredibly difficult, and one of the therapists took me to one side to discuss future needs. I'll get a fortnight's practice at this as there's no session next week.
    Don't rely on sleeping tablets and solve the main issue which is obviously anxiety.

Well, I'd had a quiet week and thought I'd got the better of this fear - until I weighed myself last night and noticed I'd lost a fair bit of weight. Trouble is, I have been trying to do the same, but I can't remember when I last weighed myself so that sent me into a spiral. Today I drove into work (80 miles) in a complete daze. I'm worried that the blood test the diabetes nurse was so keen for me to have is because she suspects it too. I have an appointment for the 23rd but right now all I want to do is curl up in a ball and go to bed and sleep it away

Hi Pamplemousse what exactly did your nurse say and what was the blood test? I'm diabetic too, type 2 which is a progressive disease so that could be why your level was higher. If you're type 1 you might just need an adjustment to your insulin. I know that you will already know this but HA makes you ignore the logical answer and it needs someone else to point it out

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information