Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Everything contaminated

Re: Everything contaminated

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    I have another worry please tell me I'm not being irrational about it I just had to put my chop shop dinner in the bucket.

I went in and they were flash spaying the counter next to the food being cooked and they spayed the surface then laid my meal down on it. It was in a box but hardly the point?
    When you go to a restaurant to eat, the tables are sprayed and cleaned before you sit down. Sometimes they clean them just before you sit down and I've had many times when the waitress has done so while we were sitting and then laid napkins and silverware down and soon after the food. They do this with the counters and other areas in the restaurant as well. So yeah... sorry... pretty irrational and a waste of food :(

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    When you go to a restaurant to eat, the tables are sprayed and cleaned before you sit down. Sometimes they clean them just before you sit down and I've had many times when the waitress has done so while we were sitting and then laid napkins and silverware down and soon after the food. They do this with the counters and other areas in the restaurant as well. So yeah... sorry... pretty irrational and a waste of food :(

Positive thoughts
    Yes it happens in Mcdonnalds I could be eating and somebody comes along with a spray bottle and starts slashing but it never bothers me I've not had it happen in a chip shop infact I guess I would rather not know what's cleaned in restaurants or takeaways as like tonight I wouldn't eat it.

The reason was I thought if I ate it being near flash spray I would be ill from the chemicals.

Hi Phil - No you wouldn't be ill from it - have you spoken to your doc about these fears?

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrastrongbint View Post
    Hi Phil - No you wouldn't be ill from it - have you spoken to your doc about these fears?
    I have in the past but not recently sometimes it's not that bad well some days but there's times my worrying gets so bad I come on here ..

So I reckon you should go back - it sounds like it's effecting you a lot x

Update things no better sadly I'm still wasting money I don't have meaning I'm skint every month.

This month I gave in and bought a third hair clipper set as the other two were in a cupboard where a light blew my earlier post I was worried the glass would cut my head

I bought new boxer shorts and joggers due to a tiny splash of uring hitting them. So the cost of my expensives has been around £50-60.

At the moment trying to resist buying two new suitcases as they were also in the cupboard.

I repurchased a wash basket not sure why but I have a few crates and need another one as a towel had some toilet issue on it after it was cleaned. It was either from a tissue in a pocket or possibly been washed with a dirty speckle which has been on the bathroom flop this happens quite often where bits of toilet paper make me anxious. Now I'm worried a surface is contaminated, clothes airer and radiators all dirty and I will forever be dirty?

The other month when I was sick I binned all my clothes and rebought them so cost was about £30. Once i throw something out I instantly rebuy.

Another one is I got my fence pannel replaced as it came down but the posts were taller than the other so I've drawn up a budget for an entire new fence.

In general i feel need two hovers, two irons, two kettles just to be safe. The toilet germs and glass are my biggest concerns if I believe toilet germs have got on it its binned. I did resist a towel I half washed my hands touched the towel and was tempted to bin it but I held off. I fear these tiny toilet tissue pieces quite a bit as they could have poo germs I mean I know maybe people wash clothes with poo stains or something but this worries me more and I think about the tissue disolving and everything just being dirty. Cleaning a surface doesn't help me I need new for old which I don't see many with OCD battle with it's always just extra cleaning?

---------- Post added at 11:12 ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 ----------

Other things like I don't drink milk after 2 days anymore aswell incase it's out of date

Biological washing powder kills all germs though. And washing clothes at 60 degrees or above (if they can take that heat) kills germs too

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    Yes it happens in Mcdonnalds I could be eating and somebody comes along with a spray bottle and starts slashing but it never bothers me I've not had it happen in a chip shop infact I guess I would rather not know what's cleaned in restaurants or takeaways as like tonight I wouldn't eat it.

The reason was I thought if I ate it being near flash spray I would be ill from the chemicals.
    Someone else on here mentioned this worry on the HA board. I can remember pasting in a load of snippets from manufacturer websites and health & safety. I will see if I can find it. Basically, they use food safe chemicals that will not harm you.

How long do you resist your need to replace things for, Phil? Your compulsions obviously mean you have no choice but to ensure the obsession for a certain amount of time out of practicality alone. So, in that time is it all constant or does it come & go? Do you get intrusive thoughts then when you are out and have the opportunity to replace things?

Until you replace them how do you cope?

Remember your resisted the urge to replace your flooring, you can do the same with the fencing. There is no contamination issue here so that proves that there is some perfectionism behind this.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Someone else on here mentioned this worry on the HA board. I can remember pasting in a load of snippets from manufacturer websites and health & safety. I will see if I can find it. Basically, they use food safe chemicals that will not harm you.

How long do you resist your need to replace things for, Phil? Your compulsions obviously mean you have no choice but to ensure the obsession for a certain amount of time out of practicality alone. So, in that time is it all constant or does it come & go? Do you get intrusive thoughts then when you are out and have the opportunity to replace things?

Until you replace them how do you cope?

Remember your resisted the urge to replace your flooring, you can do the same with the fencing. There is no contamination issue here so that proves that there is some perfectionism behind this.
    The time varies it can be hours or days or weeks. As you say the odd thing I would forget and not replace like the flooring. Usually like the Hoover I would try and resist but eventually gave in. When I buy I have to justify my reason for buying it e.g but a more expensive hair set or Hoover which I've done on both occasions so money wise I find it costing me loads. I rack up loads of delivery charges as I order so much it's not practice to go to the shops.

Well I cope because I'm worried about other stuff and my head will switch to say the hair clippers I think maybe I will use them but I got the thought about it cutting my head and I opted not to risk it. I balanced it up if I used it once but I would still get anxious again.

Regarding the washing I find myself bothering less about fixing it out and leave it to my girlfiend as I realise I get so anxious it's a losing game sometimes I would want to replace so much my head becomes over loaded and I have to keep some stuff.

If I could replace new for old for everything I would but sadly can't. To be right now if I was OCD about cleaning but that meant I never replaced that would be better as I wouldn't be buying even if that's not the cure.

Problem is I don't earn enough these days when I have a house to keep buying so it makes this worse when I go and spend £60 replacing stuff.

Update:

Had a blocked bath not sure if I posted where elsewhere but basically the issue is my parents again have less care about germs as I mentioned many times before.

My worries are to replace again:

My parents sat on a dining room chair and sofa after sitting on the bathroom floor and toilet seat when it was placed down..bad news GERMS especially on a toilet seat so I fear I need a new sofa and chair..

So when I sit down now I could have germs all over and I try and keep these surfaces clean however when others come they maybe care less with hygiene.

Now the issue hasn't been fixed so I need a plumber out so I may get more anxious later.

My bad also used a measuring tape and screwdriver that was on the floor and toilet so I shall replace this too.

---------- Post added at 18:09 ---------- Previous post was at 15:36 ----------

My girlfiend pointed out I sit on a toilet to go and still use sofas this is very true but I would have trousers on after it but I am googling direct contact with germs and sofas now because the difference here would be only inside of your clothes would sit on the sofas not the outside so the germs are there more if you get what I mean? How I I avoid buying new sofas now? Every area of my house could soon be contaminated?

Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread Information