Quote Originally Posted by glassgirlw View Post
A week truly isn’t enough time to make up for being sedentary for a long time. It can take several weeks to build up momentum. I’m overweight as well and I get the same sensations you’re describing. I think you’ve been checked out at the hospital and you don’t have heart issues, maybe just stick with short walks and then extend the time as you feel you can? Try to take baby steps!
I do agree, I need to be kinder to myself.

My anxiety peaked today and (sigh) again I ended up in A&E, I had an ECG done came out perfectly normal. I had a blood test and they told me my D-Dimer was positive. Which sent me into a hell of a panic attack. I was like Oh god it's a clot, i'm going to die. The doctor flat out told me it can be positive for any number of reasons, from stress to infections. However, in my case, it's because 2 weeks ago I had surgery, and it's always positive after surgeries. This helped me but the guy was so nice he even sent me for a CT - Angiongram scan to check my lungs and heart vessels for clots. Guess what? They came back clear. They discharged me and told me to go home and relax.

With that in mind, I'm going to do my damn best to trust the doctors. The positive D-Dimer still scares me...but if the professionals aren't concerned. Then I shouldn't be either I guess.