Thread: Medication is not a total cure - please read!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Medication is not a total cure - please read!

Melody - I totally agree that the medication provides short-term relief from symptoms but then you must work at the problem to get full benefit from it.

I just want people to realise that it is not a cure as such and it can be a tough ride starting and then stopping the medication.

It is not like taking an anti-biotic to cure an infection and then the infection is gone. Anxiety can be lifelong if nothing else is done to eliminate it as well.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: Medication is not a total cure - please read!

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    Melody - I totally agree that the medication provides short-term relief from symptoms but then you must work at the problem to get full benefit from it.

I just want people to realise that it is not a cure as such and it can be a tough ride starting and then stopping the medication.

It is not like taking an anti-biotic to cure an infection and then the infection is gone. Anxiety can be lifelong if nothing else is done to eliminate it as well.
    So glad you put this .
    I totally agree and thank you for posting I have actually just posted on a thread that after years of Anxiety and a fear of medication ( I mean years ) I have only just started taking meds but I also know having family members who have taken medication that it's vital to also have the medication walk hand in hand with some form of other support .

For me now the time is right to try the medication but I am doing that along side therapy and self help and the help of many on this amazing forum .

Hand in hand and one day sometimes one hour at a time is all we can do but your right Anxiety needs to be managed in many forms not just medication .

Thread Information