Thread: Gonna keep a record here of my citalopram journey!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Gonna keep a record here of my citalopram journey!

for sleeping - have a nice hot bath with lavender soak or something similar, then get some sleep spray/pillow mist, lie in bed and listen to a relaxation cd.
    My counsellor gave me a relaxation cd - and i thought "this won't help me sleep" - i had no faith in these sort of things (went to a hypnostist years ago to help with fear of flying and it was useless) - but was willing to give anything a shot - low and behold i think I have only ever heard the end of the cd 3 times - i am usually fast asleep half way through!
    I wake up nearly every night at 2.30 then 4.30 - but just spray my pillow mist and go back to sleep - or on worse nights put my cd back on again - the deep breathing helps as well
    Also try going out for a brisk 20 min walk at night - you will burn some adrenalin off , the fresh air will help you sleep and you will give yourself good endorphins.
    Give these things a go - it might not work as everyone is different - but anything is worth a shot.
    Also try not to take too many other remedies - I read you were taking nytol and kalms - I was using kalms, quite life, valarian and actually found that these were stopping me sleeping after using them for too long.

Quote Originally Posted by AJS View Post
    for sleeping - have a nice hot bath with lavender soak or something similar, then get some sleep spray/pillow mist, lie in bed and listen to a relaxation cd.
    My counsellor gave me a relaxation cd - and i thought "this won't help me sleep" - i had no faith in these sort of things (went to a hypnostist years ago to help with fear of flying and it was useless) - but was willing to give anything a shot - low and behold i think I have only ever heard the end of the cd 3 times - i am usually fast asleep half way through!
    I wake up nearly every night at 2.30 then 4.30 - but just spray my pillow mist and go back to sleep - or on worse nights put my cd back on again - the deep breathing helps as well
    Also try going out for a brisk 20 min walk at night - you will burn some adrenalin off , the fresh air will help you sleep and you will give yourself good endorphins.
    Give these things a go - it might not work as everyone is different - but anything is worth a shot.
    Also try not to take too many other remedies - I read you were taking nytol and kalms - I was using kalms, quite life, valarian and actually found that these were stopping me sleeping after using them for too long.
    Great email A
    Thanks for the ideas.
    Yes am worried about getting hooked on sleep aids - but never take the same thing two nights running. I read here that most folks sleep seemed to improve around 2 weeks in, so here's hoping!

Can I be really cheeky and ask where I could get a cd like yours - is it something I could go and buy or was it made specially for you?
    Thanks again
    Mart
    Last edited by martbarr; 31-01-10 at 21:25.

Day 15 20mg

Hi

Phew - have been so washed out and tired yesterday and today.
    I think I slept better - had a weird dream about losing my car (although it was a different model - it had my plates) at a holiday resort I can't identify and awoke still not having found it - odd feeling like I have unfinished business - but there ya ago!
    I think it was most likely that I wanted a wee and couldn't be bothered to get up!

Feel like I haven't fully woken up again - my wife reckons I seem less stressed than usual which can't be bad, although I feel a bit like a zombie!
    Am at work, thankfully with not that much to do.

Have a good one everybody.

cheers
    Mart

Re: Day 15 20mg

Quote Originally Posted by martbarr View Post
    Hi

Phew - have been so washed out and tired yesterday and today.
    I think I slept better - had a weird dream about losing my car (although it was a different model - it had my plates) at a holiday resort I can't identify and awoke still not having found it - odd feeling like I have unfinished business - but there ya ago!
    I think it was most likely that I wanted a wee and couldn't be bothered to get up!

Feel like I haven't fully woken up again - my wife reckons I seem less stressed than usual which can't be bad, although I feel a bit like a zombie!
    Am at work, thankfully with not that much to do.

Have a good one everybody.

cheers
    Mart
    Hi Mart
    I am a few days in front of you and feel fuzzy still but know that I am better for taking it my partner can see the change in me. witht eh weight thing I'm the opposite loosing it as I cant be bothered to eat just really thristy.

Sally x

Hi Sally

I'm really jealous of the weight thing.
    Woohoo that means I have a working emotion I guess
    - things may be looking up!

I've got my weight back nearly back under control by drinking meal replacement sachets for a few days - I keep hearing that ketogenic diets are good for brains - but if I ever get into ketosis I'll let you know!

Thinks out loud - maybe that's why I've been feeling a bit more tired !!!!
    Doh - sometimes I could slap myself ! (in a strictly non enjoyable sort of way I mean)

Anyway - glad it's going the right way for you
    and hope to catch up with some improvement of my own really soon!

Martino!

Martin you always make me laugh!! You always manage to put in a cheery word or two. Sounds like you're maybe going through the worst of the side effects at the moment but I hope it gets better for you soon.
    Myra

Quote Originally Posted by myra View Post
    Martin you always make me laugh!! You always manage to put in a cheery word or two. Sounds like you're maybe going through the worst of the side effects at the moment but I hope it gets better for you soon.
    Myra
    Hey M

Thanks loads for the support!
    Mart

Thread Information