Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I don't know what to do anymore at this point

Re: I don't know what to do anymore at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Jackrabbit View Post
    I hope he hasn't quit on this forum because of the backlash. I really think a lot of the suggestions on her could help....
    He or she was given lots of support and good advice and if he has quit coming here then it is probably a good thing. Reading the OP's other thread it is clear that he has been looking up symptoms of diseases on Google. The people who come here for support have a certain amount of responsibility not to sit on Google fanning the flames only to come back here in the hope that we can put them out. Some people would get better a lot quicker if they did not have access to the Internet.

Quote Originally Posted by skiwalker View Post
    I've already been changing some diet things for awhile. I'm not exactly rich so I can't afford to have like salmon or steak all the time. For maybe like 5-6 months I've tried to have mostly just cheerios for breakfast. The last couple months trying to have salad a couple times a week. Have barely had fast fast food for the last 3 months or so.
    You don't need to have salmon and steak all the time lol. Veggies and brown rice are good and cutting out things like dairy would actually probably save you money. If anything fiber tablets or powder in a fruit smoothie is good too. Good on not having fast food.

---------- Post added at 01:23 ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by swajj View Post
    He or she was given lots of support and good advice and if he has quit coming here then it is probably a good thing. Reading the OP's other thread it is clear that he has been looking up symptoms of diseases on Google. The people who come here for support have a certain amount of responsibility not to sit on Google fanning the flames only to come back here in the hope that we can put them out. Some people would get better a lot quicker if they did not have access to the Internet.
    Right. because looking things up on google isn't something that people with anxiety do (Hint sarcasm). Dr. Google sucks, but a lot of people even my self sometimes succumb to looking at it. I agree and disagree that if some people didn't have internet they would get better quicker, but at the same time there are many people who have gotten good support of the internet..such as on this site.

Just because people succumb to googling doesn't mean it's right.

People on here slate "dr Google" and say how much they hate it as if Google isn't a search engine that they have to physically put into action.

Yes it happens, yes it's part of HA, but there's nothing at all wrong in telling people to stop doing it when it so obviously has an adverse effect on them.

Anxiety wouldn't cause me:

back pain/soreness/stiffness,
    Then explain how muscular tension affects the body.

Explain how magnesium reductions affect the body.

Explain how postural problems affect the body.

Explain how sleep cycles affect the body.

Explain how REM sleep cycles are affected by mental health conditions.

Explain how aches & pains are experienced by all human beings outside of anxiety and why they can occur?

ALL of the above can experienced in conditions like anxiety.

body aches,
    See above.

abdominal pain,
    See the points about body aches and stool issues.

some swollen abdominal lymph nodes near the cecum,
    Does a doctor agree they are swollen? This would seem unusual in anxiety to me and one for a doctor.

stool that still isn't normal,
    Then explain why so many IBS sufferers have a comorbidity with anxiety disorders.

Explain how fight or flight affects the GI & bowels.

pains in my chest not seemingly heart related,
    Then explain how palps, ectopics, etc are caused and why they are seen in anxiety disorders.

headaches/dizzyness,
    Then explain how stress can cause headaches.

Explain how dehydration affects the body.

Explain how sleep is affected by anxiety.
    Explain how muscular tension affects the muscles in the neck & head.
    Explain how clenching & grinding affects the muscles in the neck & head, and explain how it does do in particular when asleep.

and left hand/foot tingling and weakness.
    Then explain how adrenaline affects the extremities.

Why are there some swollen lymph nodes,
    Who says they are? You or a doctor? If the answer is that you believe you can feel then yet a doctor, or doctors, who have probably felt more normal & abnormal lymph nodes in their working lives than you've eaten meals (not considering their training too) doesn't feel they are swollen?

If doctors say they are not swollen but you say they are, how do you know?

Have you spent time physically inspecting lymph nodes on other bodies to know what is normal? They have.

Have you spent time physically inspecting the lymph nodes of people with genuinely swollen lymph nodes? They have.

And have you been trained to conduct an examination of them? They have. (how you manipulate your body to find them changes their size for the purposes of accessing them to check if they are normal or swollen).

yet why can't my GI find anything specifically wrong from colonoscopy, endoscopy, and the rest of the ct scan?
    Because anxiety doesn't show up on any of these scans?

Because there is nothing to find?

How could I have some fatigue and potential weight loss, plus some blood in stool, but no anemia detected?
    Because there is no anaemia to find?

Because some fatigue and potential weight loss can be found in many physical & mental health disorders? So, why does it have to be anaemia?

Because "some blood in stool" is experiencing on a daily basis by millions of people and it never comes to anything? Because anxiety can mean bowel changes that lead to things like roids & fissures?

What is causing the back pains and other aches?
    See above about muscular tension, posture, sleep, etc.
    Can you see where I'm going with that? If you believe anxiety can't cause all those symptoms then you must know why that's the case, otherwise it's all assumption.

If you can't explain those away, which I know you won't be able to as many of us have experienced them, then you have to accept them as a possibility. Do you accept that? I know your anxiety will fight you all the way on that and truly accepting it is a bigger battle but consciously can you say you can understand & accept it?

You've had multiple therapists so this tells me your anxiety isn't new. Therefore these symptoms may have occurred over time and added to each other.

Whilst we say "it's anxiety", that's not always right. But what we mean is that you can get it alongside. A good example is IBS.

So, couldn't it be the case that you have a) anxiety + b) IBS? Or perhaps some other form of combination?

Can you honestly say you haven't seen those symptoms on these boards? What about palps & IBS? They've got their own subboards because they are so common.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackrabbit View Post
    You don't need to have salmon and steak all the time lol. Veggies and brown rice are good and cutting out things like dairy would actually probably save you money. If anything fiber tablets or powder in a fruit smoothie is good too. Good on not having fast food.

---------- Post added at 01:23 ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 ----------

Right. because looking things up on google isn't something that people with anxiety do (Hint sarcasm). Dr. Google sucks, but a lot of people even my self sometimes succumb to looking at it. I agree and disagree that if some people didn't have internet they would get better quicker, but at the same time there are many people who have gotten good support of the internet..such as on this site.
    I picked up on the sarcasm but thanks for helping (hint sarcasm)

I have had two encounters with HA. The first one lasted less than 6 months. The second lasted for 3 years. I quickly worked out that Googling symptoms was the most detrimental thing I could do. In fact, my psychiatrist banned me from doing this and made me promise I wouldn't do it anymore. He said if I really wanted to get well I needed to stop doing it. So I stopped. I feared that I had all the usual illnesses that HA sufferers come up with. But when I was logged in here I avoided all threads that I thought might trigger my anxiety. Of course not everyone is the same. However, if you know that Googling or reading certain threads here is going to make or is making your anxiety worst then you need to find a way to stop doing it.

---------- Post added at 17:38 ---------- Previous post was at 17:37 ----------

worse

Great post from Terry. I also feel comfort when weird "symptoms" tour around the body - nasty stuff tends to be focused, anxiety affects every part of you.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Can you see where I'm going with that? If you believe anxiety can't cause all those symptoms then you must know why that's the case, otherwise it's all assumption.

If you can't explain those away, which I know you won't be able to as many of us have experienced them, then you have to accept them as a possibility. Do you accept that? I know your anxiety will fight you all the way on that and truly accepting it is a bigger battle but consciously can you say you can understand & accept it?

You've had multiple therapists so this tells me your anxiety isn't new. Therefore these symptoms may have occurred over time and added to each other.

Whilst we say "it's anxiety", that's not always right. But what we mean is that you can get it alongside. A good example is IBS.

So, couldn't it be the case that you have a) anxiety + b) IBS? Or perhaps some other form of combination?

Can you honestly say you haven't seen those symptoms on these boards? What about palps & IBS? They've got their own subboards because they are so common.
    The doctor was the one that told me some lymph nodes were swollen from the ct scan, and my gi told me there are some there, but not to worry. So why are they there? You cant even visibly see abdominal lymph nodes.

You said yourself that would be unusual for anxiety. So why are they swollen? I justdont understand why there is no answer.

The doctor was the one that told me some lymph nodes were swollen from the ct scan, and my gi told me there are some there, but not to worry. So why are they there? You cant even visibly see abdominal lymph nodes.

You said yourself that would be unusual for anxiety. So why are they swollen? I justdont understand why there is no answer.
    Why do you need a reason? Shouldn't it just be enough that you're being told not to worry by medical professionals?

Besides all of that, why don't you ask these questions of your doctor? We can only tell you that you've been reassured that it's nothing serious by doctors. What kind of answers are you looking for here, exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    Why do you need a reason? Shouldn't it just be enough that you're being told not to worry by medical professionals?

Besides all of that, why don't you ask these questions of your doctor? We can only tell you that you've been reassured that it's nothing serious by doctors. What kind of answers are you looking for here, exactly?
    Because it makes it seem like you think I'm crazy with just assuming I was guessing my lymph nodes were swollen. I was getting less anxiety until the doctor themself told me about it.

I've already talked to multiple doctors at different places, and my GI. It's not too hard to get that I just want to feel better. I'm here because I don't know what to do anymore. I can't go to every single doctor in the world.

Part of the explanation is due to self examination/poking and prodding which will cause nodes to swell (how would you know there was a node is you aren't poking and prodding?). Another part of the explanation is the irritation caused by the anxiety induced abdominal symptoms can also irritate surrounding nodes.

Nodes are the body's sewer system. They're there to help rid the body of yukkies whether they're in your neck, chest, groin etc. Just because is "clinically" swollen doesn't mean it's something sinister.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information