Thread: Light sensitivity

Light sensitivity

Does anyone experience problems with light sensitivity - particularly (for me) at the moment, with a lowering of mood when the light draws in?

This sometimes borders on quite a rise in anxiety levels and the 'feeling of doom', well known to people who suffer with anxiety and panic symptoms. It's a kind of dimming of vision which comes and goes, but kicks in around early evening. my vision otherwise is perfectly good. This symptom has lingered with me after a period of anxiety/ although generally I am much improved. Its partly associated I think with the well known depersonalisation feeling that some peole experience from time to time. Any thoughts or solutions would be welcome.
    Thanks.

I get the same sort of thing but mine is much worse in the morning or if its very bright and always when I have panic, the more I focus on it the worse it gets. I know I am seeing things clearly but it doesnt feel like it, strange.

Barb xxxxx

i get the exact same only ever at night. the lights in the house seem so bright and your vision feels like its going dim. i have no idea what does this but it happens to me for months on end when i have panic attacks then when they start to go so does that..

David ,

Welcome to the site

Maybe one of these old posts to do with visual disturbances may have something in them that you can relate to

Visual Disturbances
    eye trouble with a difference
    I am so glad I found this forum
    sparks in your vision
    Difficulty focusing
    FLOATERS
    Floaters
    white flashes im scared

Glad to hear you're much improved

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

When I'm feeling very bad I tend to take a big dip about 6 o'clock in the evening. It has been a vunrable time since I was little but in a bad period I tend to feel especially anxious at about that time. I call it my 6 o'clock feeling and my close family know what I mean (we try and laugh about it which helps). At about 8 o'clock I come out of it but it is always those two hours that I feel open to heavy suggestion. In good periods, I hardly notice it. This period has been so noticeable and regular at times that I wonder if other people would understand this.

tulip

Thread Information