Thread: Weird Head sensations - Help

Weird Head sensations - Help

Hi
    Had a bad nights sleep last night, each time I tried to get off to sleep I would have weird sensations in my head, I would panic and try to get off again and it would happen again. God it's so scarry, eventually after crying and panicing I eventually got to sleep at about half 2, but woke again at about 6 ish. I have been having weird sleep patterns now for about a month, usually I get to sleep but wake about 2.30am and then nod off again. I really am feeling quite knackered though. I have been taking Quiet life for about 3 weeks and although I feel better in my self, I am still have bad dizziness and weird head sensations. I might try valerian tabs tonight - I need to sleep. I think I am hating the thought of going to bed at night - knowing I probably won't sleep well.
    Can you please help.

I keep worrying that my weird head probs are more than anxiety.

Nicki

Nicki

I am not sure what kind of weird sensations you mean but see if these posts help ...

fluttering in head - Fluttering sensation in back of head

Headrushes walking funny, head rushes and dizziness

Head Rush

Sounds daft I know, but head shivers! Eh??

weird head weird head sensations!

Head zaps : Head Shocks!

Weird Head sensations and Panic

Shocks in head

Nicola

Hi Nicki, not a lot of help really, other than to say I know how you feel being unable to sleep and the more you worry the worse it becomes. have you tried all the usual, relaxation, calming music, long relaxing bath etc. etc.
    You need to try and empty your head which I know is difficult.
    I am in a similar position managing on far less sleep than I need and i can tell you it is awful.
    Anyway, take care,xxxx

love from Alexisxx

If I help one person today it was worth getting up.

Hi Alexis
    Yes I do listen to relaxing music and use lavender on my pillow, and even drink a glass of milk before bed.
    I know I should try not to worry, but I do. It's so hard not to- isn't it.

Love
    Nicki

Hope you are enjoying the Christmas Holiday.

O yes Nicki, it is , it is easy to say, lol, another thing I do is I write everything down before I settle, all my worrying thoughts and sometimes challenge them if Im real bad, ""what would be the worse thing that would happen"".
    I always do this before I get into bed though otherwise I dont switch off.I havent tried the valerian but keep saying im going to.

love from Alexisxx

If I help one person today it was worth getting up.

Hi,

I have been getting these sensations that feel like electric shocks in my head, but have not been on Citalopram for 4 days so wondering if it might be withdrawal, I've been on 10mg after coming down from 20. I also seem to get these head zaps when I am tired too. They are worrying but I have taken great comfort by reading I am not alone!

Thanks guys

Tim

Yes It is pretty certainly withdrawal head zaps . You've halved your dose - pretty big drop at once.

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

Thing is I'm really worried now as I only seem to get them when either stood up or sat down. When I'm in bed they don't affect me at all, which makes me worry its something more serious.

Re: Weird Head sensations - Help

Just reprinting this message I put in another thread, as it's related.

I had a nervous breakdown about three months ago, and one of the results is that I have weird head feelings.

In the two weeks or so after the breakdown, the head feelings felt like this
    • As though a hand had slipped itself under my skull and gently stroked my mind a couple of times. Though the action was gentle, its effect felt malicious: "there there... yes, that's it, start panicking - yes go on, that's it - lovely, that's it: panic"
    • It sometimes felt like the sudden slither of a snake across my mind.
    These gentle yet deeply unwelcome sensations got less frequent the further away from the breakdown I got.

Now, I get the following, especially when I'm tired (e.g. the end of the working day):
    • It feels as though the inside of my head - more specifically, my mind - is buzzing. It's as though there's a buzzing refrigerator or strip light in my head.
    • It's accompanied by a warm, rising feeling inside my head - like a souffle in an oven.
    • When I'm feeling anxious, it feels as though something is physically wriggling in my head, usually in a specific part. It's as though something is tossing and turning a couple of times in there. It's incredibly distracting, and increases the anxiety.
    • The sudden 'zaps' inside the head that people have been talking about
    None of the feelings are painful - just incredibly distracting and bloody annoying.

Sleep definitely clears my head of these feelings, so I do think they're partly related to tiredness - I am forty-one, and have been living far too busy a life for years. I think my nervous breakdown (and the post-breakdown anxiety) was a warning for me to stop burning the candle at both ends. I am forcing myself to turn down social invites so that I am staying in more than going out - not out of any agoraphobia, just deliberately trying to have one night out, two nights off. I can't work and play so hard any more - my body wants me to slow down! This is how I interpert the whole anxiety thing.

I do have another element to the anxiety, apart from the horrible head feelings, which are actually more worrying - the existential terror thing. But that stuff is so terrifying, I have to just think about something fun and trivial to try and block it out. Don't even want to write about it in case it gets people panicking! LOL, it's all so ridiculous, really - what's it all about?!

Re: Weird Head sensations - Help

I had them when coming off effexor/venlafaxine, and also when starting seroxat, they are quite often medication related I think.

Thread Information