Until I joined this website, I had never really had the chance to talk to other people about their symptoms and mine. About a year after my first panic attack I started to faint. I used to hyperventilate so badly I would faint. I could feel that it was about to happen and that would make me breathe even more. I remember my doctor telling me that it was impossible to faint due to a panic attack which made me feel like something else was going on. I was sent for tests but I really felt that my doctor did not believe me.
It lasted for a couple of months, I lost two stone in weight and to be honest I felt like I had had a nervous breakdown. I know my family were worried and when I turned up at my doctors crying and said that I couldn't take no more, I wanted to kill myself, he perscribed me beta-blockers and said I can't give you anything else because of your age..Keep trying the relaxation..
Those memories have never gone away and when I do feel faint I think the same thing is going to happen to me. It hasn't happened for years but the feelings are still there. Has anyone else experienced this?