Thread: Headaches

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Headaches

Does anyone have a sensation that there head is very full and heavy and feel its a headache but it doesnt hurt? Is that a symptom after suffering from anxiety for the past week.
    Also havent done much and been indoors most of the week.
    Appreciate feedback as like someone with health anxiety I feel it could be a tumour (because its painless) or something worse because I have a fear of sudden death.

Quote Originally Posted by David_mk09 View Post
    Does anyone have a sensation that there head is very full and heavy and feel its a headache but it doesnt hurt? Is that a symptom after suffering from anxiety for the past week.
    Appreciate feedback as like someone with health anxiety I feel it could be a tumour (because its painless) or something worse because I have a fear of sudden death.
    Exactly how mine feels - as if it is really heavy yet when laying down it goes away - been anxious for 8 weeks and could take a few weeks to go apparently. :(

Quote Originally Posted by David_mk09 View Post

My head feels like this, not a very painful head ache more of a dull heavy feeling - this has been worse since I start ADs and I'm sure brought on by anxiety. I do get days where don't have but then can last for a couple of days.

This may help (quote from website[if needs to be removed I will]):
    "Tension-type headache pain is often described as a constant pressure, as if the head were being squeezed in a vise. The pain is frequently bilateral which means it is present on both sides of the head at once. Tension-type headache pain is typically mild to moderate, but may be severe.

Various precipitating factors may cause TTH in susceptible individuals.[3] One half of patients with TTH identify stress or hunger as a precipitating factor .
    • Stress - Usually occurs in the afternoon after long stressful work hours or after an exam
    • Sleep deprivation
    • Uncomfortable stressful position and/or bad posture
    • Irregular meal time (hunger)
    • Eyestrain
    • Caffeine withdrawal "
    Last edited by Panic33; 07-10-09 at 17:19.
    [Worrying won't protect - it doesn't help and can only make worse. Short term relief of anxiety by google etc doesn't help in the long run and the fact your acting on it only makes worse - let it pass over you

"Rem it kicks in at the unconscious level, thats why, triggers are the cause, remeber the anxiety is like the adrenal system kicking in fight or flight for what you think is no reason, the unconscious is the part that fires this responce"]

Thread Information