Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Night time and sleeping, whats wrong?

Night time and sleeping, whats wrong?

Does anyone ever get this...
    When i get in to bed and sometimes just before i find my self getting very very anxious.. my mind goes in to overdrive and is just filled with all these ridicolous thoughts. As i am nodding in and out of sleep i wake up very confused cant remember things, dont know where i am what time it is etc etc. then i get back to sleep and this will usally happen around 5 times in the night, then when i wake up i find myself shaking, feeling very sick and confused and sweating aswell. Its really horrible and to be honest it is very frightning, I dont experience these symptoms throughout the day normally just at night, During the day my anxiety symptoms are differnt, I have had this problem ever since i came of my medication (venlafaxine) and i am sure this has ****ed my head up, anyone have any idea how long anti depressents can mess your head up for if this is the case? Its really annoying and scary. Thanks, Tony

hi tony, i get the same symptoms as you and im not on meds. they are anxiety symtoms. yes it is very frightening, but the more you panic and worry about them, the worse they get. try relaxing, and breaking the routine of worrying (easier said than done!) try a relaxing bedtime routine ie. warm milk drink, radox bath etc. anything is worth a try

take care
    libbie

Hi Tony

Lovely to see you here, im sure you will find lots of good advice here and make new friends on the way.

Try these posts, they may help:

Sleep Help

Sleep zzzzz
    insomnia, insomnia, insomnia etc....
    Sleep problems
    HELP! Problems with sleeping.

Love

Andrea
    xxx

hi tony i to get this scay i mean scary frightning experience i am shaking i thought i was the only one. i have been takeing beta blockers for the last 7 day i can not tell you how it feels to be without all the sytotoms you discribe.last nigh i only woke once thank goodness. i feel like i could go on and on about it . please feel free to repy i thaught i was the only one. anderson.

This sound like anxiety symptoms to me,I have the same.Did you come of your meds slowly,some times coming off gives you horrid side affects to.:(

Ellen XX

Hi Tony,
    I have the same symptons as u, i cant switch my brain off 2sleep i am trying decaf coffee and a short walk, ive been doing it for a few weeks and ive improved
    takecare
    Sparkles

Hi Tony, I have also got the same symptons too, but mine is slightly diiferent. I would be nodding off to sleep and I would start to get racey heart pulpitations, then when i eventually calm down i find it hard to sleep. I have found in the last month that I am only on average getting 5 hours sleep a night if I am lucky. I would also wake up out of my sleep feeling dazed and confused, but deep down inside of me I know where I am. I am also finding out that my system is starting to act funny, as my body wants to sleep during the day and it wants me to be a wake at night. This is really fustrating me as a constantly feel sick during the day. I think I am becoming nocturnal, I know how you feel my friend..

p.a

I was taking that tab and had treeible trouble coming off them.

all the times ive been on medication and then stopped it again quickly ive had all the same symptoms as yours on a night, mind racing, waking up all the time + waking up really confused (not only not knowing where i am but occasionally not knowing who or what i am) but dont worry about it it wont have messed you up permanently, i've usually gradually recovered completely over a week or sometimes two depending on which medication and how long i took it for. youll be back to normal soon.

Hi Tony
    Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help

Try these links ..

Night panic
    Nothing like a panic attack at 3:30 am
    Sudden nighttime attacks
    Waking Up With A Panic Attack In The Night
    Bad Morning !!!!!!!!!!!
    Panic attacks during sleep.
    It's Back!
    Waking Startled at Night
    Panic Attacks....During Sleep
    panic attack in sleep