Page 214 of 705 FirstFirst ... 114164204212213214215216224264314 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,140 of 7046

Thread: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Re: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Hope you had a good day Mrs C x

I had a day neither fantastic or miserable Mrs M.
    I'll happily take that.

The Christmas period seems to be going on and on and on and on, a bit like my thread.
    I've come up with the idea of treating it like 4 weekends in 2 weeks, but with extra eating.
    And that sofa has a permanent dip in it now where I plonk myself in front of another 6-8 hours of viewing.
    Before you shout lazy blighter, I have been out the last couple of days and managed to catch a few rays of the sun in the garden. And there's always house chores and many pastimes I have accumulated since Anxiety, I have Wilko to thank for that. See, anxiety can have its positive side.
    I would never have started drawing again, relearning the piano, reading, writing or taking time to sit in the garden.

Anyway, there's something about the sun going down and the body retreating to a curl up on the sofa, wanting hot chocolate and looking at the clock thinking, "Is it time to go to bed yet?"
    I've learnt you can't fight this and until the sun comes out to play again, it's best to recharge your batteries and go with the flow.
    We'll all be moaning in 4 months time it's too hot and too hot to sleep. And I quite like a mini hibernation.

Mr C wants to go out for the day somewhere today.
    I've done a compromise by agreeing a few hours.
    He wants to go out to one of those quaint villages, but I've told him nothing much will be open due to the holidays, but that's in my favour.
    Still, the scenery on a rare sunny day driving through countryside will be nice and it will get me some much needed fresh air.

My sprained wrist is improving, so is my throat infection and anxiety has been pretty much stable, so all in all, I ain't doing too bad.

It does seem to be going on and on. I’d be quite happy to sit on the sofa and watch tv- my son won’t let me- he wants constant undivided attention (I think because he is so bright). The only time we have a break is when he is on the phone.

It’s a lovely sunny day here again today - is it sunny there too?

its true - anxiety can open up new doors too and of course build strength too and make us more caring and understanding of others. That’s quite a lot of good things. When I have a large break between my relapses- I can see myself becoming less caring and understanding - so anxiety keeps me caring and grounded.

well done for going out today- and take in the beautiful scenes- I would love to
    live near the sea- I’m on the outskirts of London - so there is a bit of green but people here are rushing about and there is too much concrete x

But still at least I have everything (shops and London) on my door step x

Yes, the sun is warming and comforting
    I used to live in London Mrs M and had many happy times there. There's positives everywhere you live. x

Hi Gang.
    Just popping in for a second to say "Hi - Happy New Year!" I've been crazy busy and my computer has been crazy dysfunctional so I've not been able to get on here lately. Still having computer issues but hope I can clear those up tonight when I get home from work. Stay positive, my fellow warriors!
    Sue

Happy New Year to you too!

When I hear warriors I always think of that greatest showman song- I guess that can apply to us.

Yes there is positive anywhere you live. I can’t believe how negative my thoughts have got - naughty brain- it’s become a habit and now I am turning these negative thoughts upside down.

Mrs C I cant find your post on things you enjoy

Mrs M, the thread can be found if you click on today's posts. x

Hi Sue,
    Have you been digesting 'The Anxiety Guy' - The Warrior?
    Happy New Year to you too Sue x

Thank you Mrs C xxxx

So we went for that drive as planned.
    Oh my, the traffic was busy!
    Anyway, arrived. Got out to look around and came back home. Before we did that, we popped into town and it was heaving with people mainly doing nothing but making a lot of noise.
    I've come to the conclusion that it's not the amount of people that bothers me, it's the noise and the way people seem to act. Voices up high, pushing and shoving showing no manners, kids running a riot as if they've consumed 2 litres of coke. (They don't call it coke for no reason).
    Screams, running, throwing stuff around including their brothers and sisters and the parents totally oblivious to what's going on around them while they stand in the middle of the pavement waving their arms as if conducting a orchestra with their bags and coats a thrown on the ground with the empty 2 litre bottles of coke.
    Rant over
    Strange for me to say these things when my work was accommodating the public, but I suppose a bar in between helps, plus being on the other side and not amidst the crowds. No, don't think I'll ever be one of the crowd, but I know my comfort zones.

Wilko was much better on the longer trip than the 5 minute trip into town, so that proves its not what you do, its the circumstances that surround the situation.
    Sue, you'd probably have a nice time with the absence of Cruella. As they say, "It's not the place, it's the people".

So, it's New Years Eve!
    Another date to avoid if you're like me.
    I've never enjoyed New years eve unless I was in control.
    But we are and Mr C and I are going to church to light candles for our parents, then having a nice home cooked meal, watching a film, then we'll wrap ourselves up and watch the night sky with the fireworks.
    I'm not a fan of garden fireworks for the fear of stupidity and the person having too much alcohol in control, but there's a professionally organised one near by that we'll see from our garden.
    And New Years Day, we'll that's just another Sunday.

That leaves me to wish a "Happy New Year" to all you beautiful people and may we all have a healthy one too! x

Page 214 of 705 FirstFirst ... 114164204212213214215216224264314 ... LastLast

Thread Information