My partner has had panic attacks, but only when she's at a hysterical point so very rarely. And her attacks are usually brief and relating to a tough situation. Whereas I have anxiety and panic attacks almost daily and have done all of my life. So when I try to explain my anxiety she compares it with hers and thinks nothing of it and doesn't take it seriously.

That used to bug me. But that was partly the reason why my anxiety was spiraling because I wasn't taking her advice. I told myself "your panic isn't as bad as mine so your advice isn't relevant". I also ignored the advice from people without anxiety - which is crazy because think about these people don't have anxiety because they can control their mind so I should have been listening.

But with that said panic attacks are still a rough ride and although I would consider myself as doing much better I still have panic attacks. The difference is you sort of learn how to deal with them. You become good at spotting the root causes and avoiding them.

For me over stimulation of my senses is a huge cause of the worst panic attacks. I have aspergers so maybe it's related to that because I do have sensitivity to light and sound. I've learned to avoid situations where there is too much going on. It happened to me this weekend.

I was home alone enjoying the peace and quite while my partner and son were out at an adventure park with friends. They got back late and I was in a relaxed state. But suddenly the house was in a state of excitement, happiness, and sillyness. All things I can deal with for short periods but when it's abrupt like it was it sent my mind into a panic. My partner got a little annoyed with me because I asked if she could lower the energy a little.

It is quite a pain in the backside living with me, but my partner is mostly super understanding about it all, even if I often feel like she isn't. She has patience, and has stuck around for 10 years so I must be doing something right

Anyway buddy, sorry for the long talk. My advice is to learn how to deal with it. I've been rough at times and I'm sure many members have been fed up of my constant anxiety questions at times. Thankfully I'm not that bad anymore. I'm happy to give you any advice and share how I deal with things though.

What do you struggle with the most? What mostly causes you anxiety?