Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Is this tiny testicular lump cancer?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Is this tiny testicular lump cancer?

To be fair, not posting is pretty simple.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    To be fair, not posting is pretty simple.
    If I'm not allowed to post then what is the health anxiety section for?

I'm sorry that I'm scared but I can't help it and even if I get mental help, the lump doesn't disappear

Quote Originally Posted by Toby2000 View Post
    If I'm not allowed to post then what is the health anxiety section for?

I'm sorry that I'm scared but I can't help it and even if I get mental help, the lump doesn't disappear
    Of course you’re allowed to post, but you’re just blindly posting your panic. We’ve all been there so we can see the spiral that you’re in and we know that this happened before.

To be honest Toby, people are frustrated but I also think that they are sad to see you like this again. You were doing SO well.

This kind of spiral isn’t the result of a tiny weeny lump that your gp a) couldn’t find and b) wasn’t concerned about. It’s the result of your anxiety going unchecked.
    It would be a really good idea to do a few things:

1) go downstairs and spend some time with your family. Chat, watch telly, whatever. Or call a friend and talk.
    2) take some deep breaths, 10 should do it. In through the nose, out through the mouth. Then have a drink of water.
    3). Leave your balls alone. I’m sure this is hard for a man. But if you keep prodding you will hurt yourself. Stop regularly checking, make yourself wait a day, then a few more, then a week.

See if you can get through this latest blip with the lessons you learnt from the last one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    3). Leave your balls alone. I’m sure this is hard for a man. But if you keep prodding you will hurt yourself. Stop regularly checking, make yourself wait a day, then a few more, then a week.
    Careful Scass.... I said the same thing and he got defensive....

Quote Originally Posted by Toby2000 View Post
    a) Please don't sexualise this.

b) It's important to check down there.
    As far as checking? Under normal circumstances, it makes sense. For someone with the mental illness at the level the OP has?... it would just be feeding the dragon.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Careful Scass.... I said the same thing and he got defensive....

As far as checking? Under normal circumstances, it makes sense. For someone with the mental illness at the level the OP has?... it would just be feeding the dragon.

Positive thoughts
    That's life, constant vigilance because cancer can strike so easily. It's just heightened for people with HA

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    Of course you’re allowed to post, but you’re just blindly posting your panic. We’ve all been there so we can see the spiral that you’re in and we know that this happened before.

To be honest Toby, people are frustrated but I also think that they are sad to see you like this again. You were doing SO well.

This kind of spiral isn’t the result of a tiny weeny lump that your gp a) couldn’t find and b) wasn’t concerned about. It’s the result of your anxiety going unchecked.
    It would be a really good idea to do a few things:

1) go downstairs and spend some time with your family. Chat, watch telly, whatever. Or call a friend and talk.
    2) take some deep breaths, 10 should do it. In through the nose, out through the mouth. Then have a drink of water.

See if you can get through this latest blip with the lessons you learnt from the last one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I know, even I was proud of myself, but I knew that something would pop up

I'm doing better right now because I've decided to spend £200-ish on an ultrasound so I don't have to drag this out

I just have to sort some things out. Hopefully I'll have an answer by the end of the month

No, it doesn't. Improving your mental health is about changing your reactions to bodily features and sensations. The aim is to be able to deal with what comes up without reacting inappropriately.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    No, it doesn't. Improving your mental health is about changing your reactions to bodily features and sensations. The aim is to be able to deal with what comes up without reacting inappropriately.
    Ok, I respect that view

Have the ultrasound if you think the doctor is wrong. If you pay yourself there will be no problem in getting one.

Get a date asap and see if you can hold off posting until you get the results? Nothing anyone can say anyway since you have self-diagnosed and are just waiting for confirmation.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Have the ultrasound if you think the doctor is wrong. If you pay yourself there will be no problem in getting one.

Get a date asap and see if you can hold off posting until you get the results? Nothing anyone can say anyway since you have self-diagnosed and are just waiting for confirmation.
    Do you think this national lockdown will make it difficult to be seen or anything like that?

I'm scared that I won't be able to tackle this because of the virus and delays... I've seen articles about people dying due to delays in cancer treatment and tests and everything

Just very depressed at the moment

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information