Hi my name's Helen and I am 15. I have a fear of not being able to swallow because it makes me think I can't breath. I had a huge panic last night because I could feel something at the back of my throat like a lump but I looked and there was nothing there. My mum said it was just my imagination and I thought it was but when she found out that I had been smoking one a day she said that it will be mucus at the back of my throat that the body makes to protect itself from cigarette smoke. I remembered coughing stuff up the day before and all that week! eww [xx(] I know it sounds disgusting but apparently all smokers get it! So I have now given up becausde of that. I thought I was dying!! Anyway I also had a problem with my fear of not breathing in a school mass last week which was also around the time that I had been smoking more than usual. I had to run out of the mass! lol it was so embarrassing afterwards. Well I'm glad it happened in a way because during my panic when I was hanging my head out of the window desperately gasping for breath I realised that it just isn't worth it- the little joy that I get out of smoking isn't worth suffering these attacks! I can see that now, I want my fresh air. I'm not going to take that away from myself.
My mum offered to let my auntie hyponotise me, she did my sister and cured her for a phobia of being left and scared of dogs. I don't know if I will yet. It does seem to be getting worse!

But as from now you won't be seeing me breath in any smoke except for my birthday candles!!!

Luv Helen xxx

x (stay strong)-(never give up on life even if it seems life has given up on you) x

HELEN! xx