Thread: Really struggling with health anxiety at the moment

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Really struggling with health anxiety at the moment

Hello everyone,

This is my first proper post so I'm sorry if I ramble or don't make much sense.

I've always been a nervous / anxious person but just recently I've been getting into a blind panic about my health. it started with stomach pains that I've had on and off for a year.. Didn't really think much of it until recently i was reading through my pill packet and saw 'liver cancer' as one of the rare side effects.. Well obviously I jumped to that, I'd left it SO long I was in pieces. Finally went to the docs & she thinks gastritis so let's see if the antacids work!

I don't know what got me onto this (probably again, google) but I noticed a couple of my moles looked odd (I'm 26 and I've got tons of moles, my new worry :( ) and I have a dark one on my toe with isn't regular shaped and I'm so convinced it's melanoma and I'm going to die because it's been there a long time (but not my whole life) I just feel like I must be riddled with cancer. It's just the most horrible dread, which I'm sure a lot of you understand. I have work to do, I can barely concentrate. I'll go up to my docs first thing Monday (I'm sure they'll be so pleased to see me.. 3rd time in two weeks) but I feel like I'm not going to be able to get it out of my head all weekend :(

I feel like I almost HAVE to worry about these things.. If I don't worry I feel like I'm going to get caught out.. Does that make sense? Anyone else do that?

Sorry that was a bit of a ramble.

Argh I'm really struggling now I keep reading how a mole shouldn't be asymmetrical and this one is tear drop shaped so definitely not symmetrical. I also read about how stuff like this is on your foot is always bad news. I also have a freckle type thing on the sole of my foot! I just can't get this out of my head :(
    Last edited by cut_out_stars; 18-01-14 at 07:20.

Thread Information