Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
Yes, Lenco. IRL, I have two uncles who have pretty much been brainwashed by Fox News, Rush Limbaugh and the Trump campaign. They are very angry people all the time now, when they used to be very easy going and open-minded.
Same goes for a couple of other people I know who performed in a covers band my brother used to play drums with, in addition to the aforementioned serial 'moaner', but this was more over the Global Financial Crisis, which appeared to affect them psychologically, even though they were never in any real financial dire straits as a result of it.

They were previously rather laid back, easy going and had a good sense of humour, but by mid-2008 (and beyond) when the crisis was really starting to accelerate, they were becoming changed persons who were very opinionated, and having increasingly right-wing views, especially believing that the crash was all New Labour's fault and looking at other countries like Spain with rose-tinted specs, believing that not only was their quality of life far superior to ours, but their politics were fairer, less violent crime and yob culture, fuel was far cheaper and job opportunities were still plentiful, and the UK had finally descended into the laughing stock of the world.

But the reality was that most of mainland Europe ended up being no better off than us in the grand scheme of things, which is pretty much the same now with the current Corona thing, but many people nevertheless still have the compulsion to travel there in pursuit of their fabled 'superior quality of life'!!

And oddly, much of the division and angst in our society fuelled by the GFC back in 2008-09 now seems largely forgotten about, now it's all about CV and Brexit!!